Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Proud Slippy

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  DoubleA 
#1 ·
Whenever our Sons would reach a milestone in their life, I would remind them that when they were young I never thought they'd learn to wipe their own ass let alone...(insert milestone achieved). :p

It used to bother them but I'd remind them that whatever they did, something harder will come up tomorrow or the next day so don't sweat the small stuff.

Well this week Son 1 graduated from Fire Fighter School and is now a full fledged Fire Fighter. He's been working and living full time at the Fire Station as a Certified Advanced EMT and now he can add Fire Fighter to his duties! Pretty cool.

He spent last night with us and we had a good time listening to his stories about Fire Fighting Training and the fellowship that he has with his fellow Fire Fighters. He'll work his shifts for the station while completing his Paramedic certification over the next year.

I told him that I always knew he'd learn to wipe his ass!

#6 ·
And at some point we step a side and our Daughters and Sons take the lead. Good job with him we need more like that.

Reactions: Slippy
#9 ·
It is a pretty awesome feeling when you wake up one morning and realize your kids have become adults and are really not the complete waste of oxygen and food that we feared for all those years! Congratulations! Now you can relax knowing the integrity of the Slippy name has been preserved for another generation!

Give him two BIG thumbs up from Mrs Inor and myself. Then remind him that you not yet too old to kick his ass if he still needs it. :lol:

Note: Mrs Inor would congratulate you and Slippy Jr herself, but I presently have her chained in the kitchen making our Thanksgiving feast for later this afternoon.

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks All!

One last story,

I never bragged on my kids when they were growing up, I always thought that was bull shat 1990's "give everybody an award for breathing" type stuff. So I remember overhearing them bitching and complaining to Mrs Slippy that Dad never bragged about their sports careers like other Dads, was he not proud? Sniffle Sniffle...

Well being a hot headed fool that I WAS, I stormed in there and busted their asses, saying its no big deal to shoot a puck or hit/catch/throw a ball. All dumb jocks can do that shit. Then I said a bunch of stupid shit but I also distinctly remember saying...."when you save someone's life, that's something to be braggin' about".

Well, I'm braggin' now.

#15 ·
Congratulations to you and your son. I always told my kids the unvarnished truth when they screwed up. So I do the same when they succeed. All I can say is that it's who I am and it worked for them. Apparently it worked for you and your kids too.

Reactions: Slippy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.