Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

China and our power grid, interesting read

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Urinal Cake 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Exactly. We've had that capability for some time now. The one to worry about is that big 'ole Sun up there. If it happens to let off a little too much steam at one time, the grid will be toast every where.

But honestly I don't think that will happen either.

#6 ·
[Well I like to know a lil bit of what's in the link so.
Rogers said he believed China along with "one or two" other countries had the capability to successfully launch a cyber-attack that could shut down the electric grid in parts of the United States.

Rogers reiterated that if the U.S. remains on the defensive, it would be a "losing strategy."

Speaking to the House Intelligence Committee, the NSA director said the cyber threat was "so real," and that agreeing to an international code, a sort of "laws of law" in the cyber realm is urgent.

The possibility of such cyberattacks by U.S. adversaries has been widely known, but never confirmed publicly by the nation's top cyber official

#9 ·
Interesting if one ponders, I had a thread on Russia an China. An listening to some here, I could see these two Countries that are good at cyber warfare and they could possibly attack more than one country. If "planned" properly they could sit back and let the world BURN. Our soldiers imo if our country is "put down" would be brought back to help do control on maybe martial law. If many areas an countries are "cybered" Chaos would start with in days. As mentioned add in seasons and weather with a cyber attacks....
Hopefully more will "come around" and start on the basics of prepping an survival but I don't think many would..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.