Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

11 missing passenger planes

7K views 59 replies 24 participants last post by  Hemi45 
#1 · (Edited)
I must say im a bit agitated and really don't know what to think.

look at france, look at Brittan being overran by islamists. why aren't we protecting the boarder? drawing down the size of the military. why is everyone standing there worrying about being PC- the lawmakers... what's the pay off?

now, missing planes- how does one swipe a plane and nobody says nothing? nobody knows anything? I don't understand why nothing is being said or done.
I just don't. im anxious, and bewondered. I don't get it.

BREAKING: Islamist Militants In Libya Have Stolen Commercial Airliners, At Least 11 Are? |

#2 ·
Because there are larger forces at work besides Gov'ts. I think there may be a widespread yet close knit community of individuals taking steps to make things happen. In some ways I welcome it.

Reactions: Camel923
#3 ·
muslims. im really trying to understand why good sense isn't being used. look at the little gal that was suspended for saying "bless you" to her class mate. does nobody have any sense? do libs really believe they will be spared and get to walk away with their heads?

is it a good thing that isis is beheading journalists? so finally the enemedia will cover how crummy these folks are?

#31 ·
muslims. im really trying to understand why good sense isn't being used. look at the little gal that was suspended for saying "bless you" to her class mate. does nobody have any sense? do libs really believe they will be spared and get to walk away with their heads?

is it a good thing that isis is beheading journalists? so finally the enemedia will cover how crummy these folks are?
This is 40 plus years of liberal political correctness indoctrination in universities coming home to roost.

Reactions: shotlady
#4 ·
Nothing will change until the admin does. Once a Right winger is in office they will back off, just as Iran did with Ron Reagan. We are not thin spread as we were 2-3 years ago. We now also have a million plus combat vets who are more than likely armed here. Something bad is coming. I am just not concerned about where or when because I do not know. But there won't be an invasion and sadly but maybe needed there will be another holocaust, but it will be Muslims

#27 · (Edited)
So long as we do not elect a RINO-moderate-liberal-cooperating puppet.
I fear you're right about something bad coming.
Eleven lost commercial airliners are not enough to invade the US alone. However, terrorism thrives on the fears of the victims.
Eleven jets could inflict enough pain into our fragile economy, or major cities to cripple the sheeple.

Add to this some news I have today in my day-job:
Mexico Cargo Theft Q2-2014

Threats to the supply chain industry have been changing over time in Mexico-from cargo thieves migrating, to less confrontational methods of stealing trailers, to stealing from trains and warehouses. The areas of criminal operation are becoming more centralized as they appear to be concentrating their efforts in the center of the country. Most of the activity is centralized in and around the area of the Mexican capital, Mexico City. By looking at the heat map depicting the risk levels for all incidents recorded over the last 12 months, a "theft corridor" appears to have taken root, extending from the Port of Veracruz to the cities of Guadalajara and Aguascalientes. Other areas considered as high risk are ports of entry and exit in North Mexico, and the highways used by carriers importing and exporting goods in and out of the country. Among those areas are the state of Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Chihuahua and Baja California. Many of the areas considered as extremely risky in past months, such as Michoacán, show a slight decrease in risk levels. This can be attributed to an increase in law enforcement activity in an attempt to reduce the activity of organized criminal organizations.
Traditional tactics to disrupt a supply line to delay the enemy advancement may not apply here. The cartels control more supplies than ever and are friends to the terrorists... since they both use similar tactics...

Something is coming. It will be painful. Thank God we have more vets than bureaucrats.

#5 ·
Having the plane is one thing, . . . getting it across the Atlantic pond may prove much more daunting a task, . . . especially with satellites, radar, etc. . . . putting the watch on things out there.

May God bless,
Dwight

#6 ·
holy SHIT!!!

If its just 11 planes that's at least 1 plane for every major western country, add a dirty nuke, or some chemical weapons and its a disaster waiting to happen ....

"But its likely they will be used in Africa" OK time to ignore this threat too (major sarcasm)

#7 ·
I'm sitting in our airline ops center right now and this has been the topic of conversation off and on all evening! Planes just don't disappear, WTF?
We all know about MAS370 but 11 more? I'd like to get a list of what type of aircraft those 11 were! So far the only plane with range to do pretty much want anyone wants to do is the missing 777.
I was looking at the Atlantic plotting chart tonight and it is amazing how much of the Atlantic north, central, and south is non-radar! Stay tuned!

#9 ·
From lybia (where the planes are) with min load (no passengers just a WMD) would planes as small as a 727 be enough to reach the USA, Pacific and the UK?? or will it need some modifications??

#15 ·
Google "MNPS airspace" The map shown almost all of it is non radar environment and old time HF position reports
are still being used. The map shown pretty much extends on down thru the central and southern Atlantic. Same thing
in the Pacific and Indian ocean. All of our planes have INS, GPS, SATCOM, etc, but Air Traffic Control still does not use GPS
for spacing/tracking in non-radar environment, it's coming!

I'm concerned one of these planes and maybe the missing 777 will use this non-radar airspace and be able to sneak up
on us quick and even when they do hit radar environment down low with transponders off will ATC even see them? A primary target will show if they are high enough.
I hope we have some sort of AWACS coverage out there right now and especially on 9/11 but what will they be able to see on an aircraft down low
and transponders off, a primary target? Any AWACS crewmembers past and present here maybe can answer some of that?

#11 ·
That's a fully loaded or empty plane?? There is a big difference

#13 ·
Well I doubt they would all be that plane, but playing with assumptions, highly likely it would be a common aircraft like that...

But your numbers make enough sense, but
Asks another question, what would the smallest unmodified Boeing civilian aircraft with the range to be a real threat from Africa

#14 ·
My guess is they will either show up embedded in buildings all over Europe or be repainted and sold off at a discount (maybe to Malaysia Air since they seem to be down a few planes at the moment) to buy more traditional arms.

#20 · (Edited)
When I see things like this, I stop and think. And I try to think like the bad guys might think. And I picture myself as an extremely well funded type of bad guy on a world scene. I'm pretty sure I could snap my fingers and have operational, albeit outdated, military jets from any one of 7 countries in the region. That being said, commercial aircraft would be many times easier and cheaper to obtain. I mean, if Bill Gates wanted a 777, could he not just purchase one? Brand new....let alone used? There are fields of these things sitting around the world that have not been "recycled" yet. A small, well funded team could have several decommissioned commercial airliners ready to fly in a few months. Slapping something together to suit their evil purposes is way easier than trying to actually put one back into service. It wouldn't take much.

How large of an aircraft does one of these bad guys have to have to carry whatever nasty payload they want? How many weeks of work in a secret hangar would it take to increase the fuel capacity of any given airplane?

I'm just sayin'.....getting the planes is the easy part. I expect them to have several at their disposal at any given time. Getting them to their destination is the daunting task. Why is it I seldom hear of them attempting this and failing? Every other month should we not hear of how these planes are being shot down all over the world as these terrorists are trying to fly planes onto targets? I hear about flights that seem to disappear or crash on their own though, don't I? Hmmmm?

#21 ·
My guess is that they are somewhere in North Africa. Even if someone in that sparsely populated area saw one or more of the jets and recognized what it was, they could only spread the word as far as they could yell. Most of the world is not covered by radar. Many places it is only intermittent or kept on and tracking something if bribed to do so. Sneaking these things around and avoiding detection isn't as big a deal as some suppose. I am sure that the intended end use is part of some fiendish plot in which the pilot screams Alla Akbar prior to impact or payload delivery .

#22 ·
I remember a story years ago about some people who got into lax and pulled out the wheel chocks and an airplane rolled over to the highway.

I also remember reading about jet airplane repossession. Like the repo man for jets. When the airline dont pay the bank.

It's going to be a hard thing to hide if they start loading up thousands of gallons of fuel. And I don't think people can keep thier mouth shut enough for an attack like this.

#23 ·
It's going to be a hard thing to hide if they start loading up thousands of gallons of fuel. And I don't think people can keep thier mouth shut enough for an attack like this.
Unless said group also controls an airport or two.. or more. The planes missing were removed after ISIL/ISIS to control of an airport... not knowing airport procedures I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to remove fuel while they also removed the planes....

#25 · (Edited)
They are likely going to see it from above. Or someone will say something.
I think they would also need to get it back to the miles long runway it needs to get off of the ground with full load of fuel.
I also remember there were a lot of planes going missing from Africa apparently theres a black market for stolen aircraft.

#26 ·
Yeah, that's the problem. These out of the way airfields have their own runways, hangars, and fuel depots. The locals are used to seeing fuel tankers coming and going. Who's to say if the fuel is going into 10 planes in a month or one plane in an hour. These are terrorists we are dealing with. Between payoffs and threats, they have a way of keeping mouths shut. They have too much man power and resources. They take hush-hush hostages or just flat out shoot people to get their way. When everyone in a given family tree equates to half a box of belt fed ammo, there are very few who will choose to be a hero and blow the whistle. The only solution is to have deep cover operatives in place that can report back actionable intelligence regarding their activity. Even then, we have to hope to hell we end up doing something about it in time.

These people are the very essence of evil and insanity. They actually do a lot less than they are capable of. Wouldn't it be better to hear that planes were stolen to be sold off as parts on the black market? To hear that these people were just thieves in it for the money instead of terrorists with unspeakable plans would almost make me feel better.

#29 ·
Don't assume everyone in the western hemisphere are allies with the US.

Western Africa is the new growing piracy industry epicenter. Oil Pirates and the Mystery Ship

Additionally, 18 percent of all the piracy attacks are on tankers.

Venezuela, is not our friend, neither is Cuba, and Peru, Honduras, and Argentina could be the next dominoes to effectively end the Monroe Doctrine.

To move aircraft across the Atlantic unnoticed is easier than you think. Yes you could see the satellite imagery.
But IFF is a box that can move from aircraft to aircraft easily and simply identifies the aircraft at a "friendly" to airports.
Why would we think bad guys could not get an aircraft across the Atlantic? If they can steal your credit card info, make phony passports, could they not simulate a phony friendly aircraft?

I do not seek to instill fear, or pad a resume for MSNBC or InfoWars, when terror comes - Kill it or be controlled by it.

Reactions: Renec and shotlady
#30 ·
Although we should be concerned about the aircraft, I think that Europe should be even more so. Can anyone see the possibility of 2 or 3 of them flying into the Vatican? How about the Eiffel Tower? The French have outlawed burkhas which has ticked off allot of Muslims. As for us, I believe that cities on the East Coast are within range, although they won't have full fuel tanks like that did during 9-11.

#34 ·
The short and wise ass answer....

Elections have consequences.

If and when we are directly attacked I'm sure the 52% of the voters that out the current admin in office will want them also protecting and defending us.

#36 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.