This Week's Podcast: Strangers won’t be welcome in rural areas at bugout time
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on This Week's Podcast: Strangers won’t be welcome in rural areas at bugout time within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; We take a look at community dynamics, and why small town people will turn their cold shoulders (and their gun barrels) towards strangers during a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: This Week's Podcast: Strangers won’t be welcome in rural areas at bugout time

We take a look at community dynamics, and why small town people will turn their cold shoulders (and their gun barrels) towards strangers during a full-scale SHTF WROL bugout. It's not that small town folks are not nice people... it's that people take care of their own, and small town folks KNOW their own.

Strangers won't be welcome in rural areas at bugout time (CLICK HERE TO GO TO BLOG POST)

-aa016-edit.jpg
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

I had to look up Maharishi University and WOW! what a bunch of nut cases.

Good podcast Salty.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Should it come to that each case will be handled as God leads. It going to be the hardest subject we have to deal with. While we are saved by Grace through Faith , Faith with out words is dead. Charity is a result of faith.
    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

They aren't welcome now, for the most part.
    AquaHull likes this.

when the goody two shoes talk about doing this & that for the poor helpless sheeple refugee flow - I know that they won't even get started or it'll end REAL abruptly - when the desperation rioting & violence kicks in ... and that'll be happening all over - there'll be a mix of sheeple everywhere - won't be limited to the "rural" ....
    I llini Warrior

The assumption is that it will be urban citizens on the move. However, that's where more of the goods and surfaces are located.

Suppose it's been a bad summer, the crops are burned, the reservoir is at its lowest ebb, and gas is five bucks a gallon.

How do you think Lester Flatt and Earl Scuggs will be treated walking up to a walled and gated suburban community, where the citizens have 17 years of food, their own water purification facility and every seven year old kid has a 5,000 dollar AR-15?

These rich guys don't like sharing, moochers and pickin' and grinnin'...
    Maol9 likes this.

...excuse me, not 'surfaces' but "services"...

Well duh!! I don't understand why all the liberal city pukes think we will welcome them with open arms. Seriously I haven't lived building relationships and friends, built a place to live just to give it it away cause "you" haven't planned a thing. I guess having grown up being catered to and given everything you need will continue in a SHTF scenario. IT WON'T.

I'll gladly explain to the good lord when I see him why I didn't help. He knows the treachery that is in the minds of the people trying to take and steal or even kill me. It's not a hard decision or even second thought to turn sheople away. They most likely won't make it this far north anyway, especially in winter.

I didn't open the attachment to the blog with all the computer hacking going on. So if this response is off base my apologies.
    Last edited by Chipper; 05-16-2017 at 07:31 AM.
    Slippy likes this.

When I first began in preparedness I assumed I would be bugging out. I quickly came to the realization that wasn't going to be the best option. Now, I am prepared to bug out if forced and I have a place to get to in Kansas but it's not my first choice. Small towns will not be welcoming and 800 miles of open road will be treacherous to say the least.

Of course, if forced I will avoid the big cities but will be damn near impossible to avoid a small town or two on my way to Kansas. And who is to say someone will still be there, or alive. Unless I see it coming and bug out ahead of it, first option, and only real option, is to stand my ground and fight from where I am. If I survive the initial onslaught then decisions will have to be made.
    sideKahr likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I had to look up Maharishi University and WOW! what a bunch of nut cases.

Good podcast Salty.
    Yeah, the Maharishi peeps are a bit non-typical in the midwest... it's been interesting to see them slowly tearing down the old buildings one by one and replacing them with ones done in Vastu-Maharishi style of architecture. The heck of it is, the Vastu buildings look really sharp, they face in the direction that maximizes sunlight, lightness, energy efficiency and they are roomy inside... it's really a neat and attractive style of building compared to "1950's and early 1960's brick monolithic ugly" they are replacing.

Check out this link, it shows about the architecture style: http://www.maharishivastu.org/gallery

The food there is also wicked-good, especially if you like ethnic... thai, Indian, turkish, mexican, Kansas City style BBQ, you name it, they have it.
    Slippy likes this.
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links