This Week's Podcast: Strangers won’t be welcome in rural areas at bugout time - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This Week's Podcast: Strangers won’t be welcome in rural areas at bugout time

This is a discussion on This Week's Podcast: Strangers won’t be welcome in rural areas at bugout time within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Prepared One When I first began in preparedness I assumed I would be bugging out. I quickly came to the realization that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: This Week's Podcast: Strangers won’t be welcome in rural areas at bugout time

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    When I first began in preparedness I assumed I would be bugging out. I quickly came to the realization that wasn't going to be the best option. Now, I am prepared to bug out if forced and I have a place to get to in Kansas but it's not my first choice. Small towns will not be welcoming and 800 miles of open road will be treacherous to say the least.

Of course, if forced I will avoid the big cities but will be damn near impossible to avoid a small town or two on my way to Kansas. And who is to say someone will still be there, or alive. Unless I see it coming and bug out ahead of it, first option, and only real option, is to stand my ground and fight from where I am. If I survive the initial onslaught then decisions will have to be made.
    I think the keys to bugging out are twofold:

1) Have a place to go.

2) Leave early (and if that means you have a bunch of "false alarms" so-be-it).
    Prepared One, sweetpea and pk47 like this.
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Another great episode.

Whether you are in the woods or in the burbs, strangers will not be welcomed.
    Maol9 and Prepared One like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

If I were forced onto the road, I really wouldn't expect anything from folks along the way. Maybe the courtesy of filling my water bottle, and I'll be on my way. But I wouldn't expect them to shoot me on sight. We are countrymen, after all.
    Respect everything, fear nothing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    If I were forced onto the road, I really wouldn't expect anything from folks along the way. Maybe the courtesy of filling my water bottle, and I'll be on my way. But I wouldn't expect them to shoot me on sight. We are countrymen, after all.
    Are we countrymen? Have you seen what's going on in Washington lately? Around the country? I would approach with caution, and maybe a tank my friend.
    sideKahr and Maol9 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post
    I think the keys to bugging out are twofold:

1) Have a place to go.

2) Leave early (and if that means you have a bunch of "false alarms" so-be-it).
    Any false alarms I'd just consider practice/drill for the real thing. You don't want to do something important for the first time when it's real.
    Maol9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Another great episode.

Whether you are in the woods or in the burbs, strangers will not be welcomed.
    With good cause. Trust NOBODY that isn't family or friends that are as close as family.
    Slippy and Denton like this.
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    The assumption is that it will be urban citizens on the move. However, that's where more of the goods and surfaces are located.

Suppose it's been a bad summer, the crops are burned, the reservoir is at its lowest ebb, and gas is five bucks a gallon.

How do you think Lester Flatt and Earl Scuggs will be treated walking up to a walled and gated suburban community, where the citizens have 17 years of food, their own water purification facility and every seven year old kid has a 5,000 dollar AR-15?

These rich guys don't like sharing, moochers and pickin' and grinnin'...
    Y'all ain't got nothin' we want. We'll be just fine without you.

"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, AMVETS, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Living in a rural community as I do the local diners and churches are the social centers. My towns (I'm between 2 tiny towns) aren't socially divided like the Iowa town you are describing but I can see the locals strongly repelling refugees from the big city an hour away. Maybe not the 1st few weeks as Christian charity is a part of life here but as the problems multiply.... Fortunaly both towns are a bit off the beaten path.

Strangers in the area with limited resources will be forced to steal in order to survive. especially those who abandon the city and try to "camp" in the woods. After a few confrontations over a farmer's cows I can see the roadblocks going up and the rifles coming out... and people in rural areas are very comfortable with their rifles.
    Last edited by John Galt; 05-18-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    Coastie dad likes this.
    Talk is cheap, actions count.

After a few confrontations over a farmer's cows I can see the roadblocks going up and the rifles coming out... and people in rural areas are very comfortable with their rifles.

This bears repeating as advice to some, and warning to others.
    Maol9 and John Galt like this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)

The Russians did it!

Double post
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)

The Russians did it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links