Mep-016B wiring instructions - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mep-016B wiring instructions

This is a discussion on Mep-016B wiring instructions within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Yep. We figured all that out last night. I decided that I would just supply 120 volts to power only the loads that I consider ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mep-016B wiring instructions

Yep. We figured all that out last night. I decided that
    I would just supply 120 volts to power only the loads that I consider necessary. I had hoped to use the other method to be cheaper and easier, but it is what it is. I can certainly power everything
    I need with the 120. The only critical stuff is the fridge, freezer, and a few lights. If it is 100 degrees in the summer, I can rotate loads and even run a small air conditioner to keep the living room cool. Winter time I mostly heat with a coal stove so no problem there. Looking at the actual wiring diagrams for the generator made it very easy to understand. Again, thanks.

Please use a transfer switch of some sort so that you don't back feed the grid and kill a lineman. Being an electrician I am sure you know how to properly disconnect your home from the grid but I figured I would throw this out there anyway.
    Maol9 and paraquack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cdell View Post
    Please use a transfer switch of some sort so that you don't back feed the grid and kill a lineman. Being an electrician I am sure you know how to properly disconnect your home from the grid but I figured I would throw this out there anyway.
    Worth saying twice...
    paraquack likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

"In the land of milk and honey you must put them on the table" - Steely Dan

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Usualy the diagrams on the mep generators are prety good on telling you how to hook it up. At least on the mep802 and 803. If it has a neutral grounding bar make sure you remove it and run a ground from the pannel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links