War Bugout Plan
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

War Bugout Plan

This is a discussion on War Bugout Plan within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; We are currently living and working in North Dakota which is ground zero in the event of a nuclear attack (many, many silos located here). ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: War Bugout Plan

War Bugout Plan

We are currently living and working in North Dakota which is ground zero in the event of a nuclear attack (many, many silos located here). I am looking to develop a bugout plan in the event of war breaking out. Yes, I realize the ability to survive an all-out nuclear war is minimal and we may not have enough notice to evacuate in time. However, I want to get a plan together just in case we do. I don't wanna be running around like a crazy person and would rather be prepared.

We don't own our own home here nor do we have a basement or anything we could use as a shelter. We do have a 4-season solar ready RV we could use to bugout in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately, we are 2 years out from being able to buy our own property and it seems like we're running out of time on that front.

What I've been doing so far is putting together a bugout binder full of basic info, getting basic supply bags together, and mapping out remote bugout locations in all 4 directions from our home. I've done some basic Googling and printed off maps of prevailing winds, nuclear attack red zones, etc.

Just curious if there are any other specific resources I should be referencing while i get this plan together?? What specific things would you be doing? Just trying to make sure I am prepped to the max on this front.

@preppermama2 MaterielGeneral sells a library on disk of prepper related articles, books, etc. There is a specific section on nuclear war that may help you. I've had a copy for months; there is so much material I haven't read it all yet. It used to be $12. PM him for details.
    preppermama2 and Denton like this.
    Respect everything, fear nothing.

From what you have already stated, you have some very important basics covered, to bug out , you need an escape plan, you have been putting a lot of thought into that, you also need a destination, we can plan and try to be prepared, but there are always the variables, what will other people in you immediate area do, how far in advance of a shtf event can you predict the event, beating others to the punch, you have an RV, good , what if you forced to walk, a lot of questions to ask ourselves, we need to be careful not to get lost in all that and maintain common sense, just my two cents....
    preppermama2, RJAMES and homefire like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Looks like you have it covered.
    preppermama2 likes this.

an RV can be a good base of operations for a bugout concerning a majority of the SHTFs - surviving a nuke war - not so much .... even if you got into Idaho or north into Canada you'd need a few weeks underground - plenty of fallout drift from that NW corner ....

in regard to bugging out for the other SHTFs - you need a set destination - there won't be much of any shifting around once the severity of the SHTF hits .... hope you have realized that a "Jeremiah Johnson" living off the land plan has it's assured problems ... that brings up the subject of a cache stash of supplies vs transporting everything - looking at possibly months of self dependability ....

if you're thinking of existing parks and public lands - you won't be alone - plenty of people with a camping/hunting background will head out to their vacation spots ... and they won't be as well prepared as you are ...
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 04-20-2017 at 06:51 AM.
    preppermama2 likes this.
    I llini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    if you're thinking of existing parks and public lands - you won't be alone - plenty of people with a camping/hunting background will head out to their vacation spots ... and they won't be as well prepared as you are ...
    This is extremely true and things can get ugly if someone shows up and you're in what they feel is their regular space (even though it's on public lands). I've seen arguments go down over stuff like that before and it wouldn't be pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by preppermama2 View Post
    This is extremely true and things can get ugly if someone shows up and you're in what they feel is their regular space (even though it's on public lands). I've seen arguments go down over stuff like that before and it wouldn't be pleasant.

you'll be seeing battles over privately owned cabins & seasonal housing - especially if the property has been rented out over the years - owners are going to fight to get to their intended retreat only to find squatters staked out there ....
    preppermama2, Medic33 and Boss Dog like this.
    I llini Warrior

Keep your RV stocked with clothes, dishes, food all ready to go. If you need it you will not have time to pack.

Keep an eye on the news. I think there will be tensions and some use of nuclear weapons prior to an attack on the ICBM force . But that is just a guess and no one knows one way or the other. But if things look real bad you got to move you cannot wait till things are bad. Expect to react and flee a couple times that turn out to be nothing .

While stationed in South Korea a Chinese Pilot took off in a Chinese fighter and defected on the screen it looked like an attack as a whole bunch of fighters chased after him. Air raid sirens went off , we drew arms and loaded out ready to move to our initial war positions. My office was behind the 8th Army HQ and as I was moving towards the gate come across the 4 star looking to meet his security team I think he thought my 6 person 2 vehicle medical detachment was his team at first. We took him to his bunker and then stood by as I was told to hold up after getting in touch with my HQ . With in about an hour we got the word to stand down as he fighters did not enter S. Korean airspace just the defector.

Got home late that night and and the maid/baby sitter, my third grader and her classmate is not there. My daughters pack is gone as is pack for the maid . They got home four days later. Maid was an older woman a refugee during the Korean war who did not mess around when the sirens went off she booked/ bugged out. She did not speak much English but she did understand what I meant if a war broke out she was to get herself and my daughter to Japan or get my daughter on a US plane . The kids said when the sirens sounded she grabbed bags and headed them to the subway. From there they got on her brothers fishing boat and headed out to sea with his family. They headed south and then waited a couple days to be sure things were really ok before heading back. The friends parents were a little upset and not understanding how she could just go like that but after thinking about it decided it might be a good thing we lived within artillery range of the North Korea guns.

My point be ready to go right away and expect to be wrong more than once.

I think you should try and move southwest at first as fallout is most likely going to go towards the southeast or northeast If you can find a place to go and have preps there great but for now figure out your vehicle, a route and be ready to do it based on what you hear in the news or see going on. But do it quick.
    Survival Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days. Prepping What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months Seeds and livestock What you need for long term subsistence.

Quote Originally Posted by RJAMES View Post
    My point be ready to go right away and expect to be wrong more than once.
    I think you should try and move southwest at first as fallout is most likely going to go towards the southeast or northeast If you can find a place to go and have preps there great but for now figure out your vehicle, a route and be ready to do it based on what you hear in the news or see going on. But do it quick.
    Thank you so much for your thoughtful and insightful advice. The next week I plan to secure the basic supplies and draw up all the bugout plans we will need. I think you are right on the best general direction being southwest; however, that can obviously change depending on current events. If there's enough time I plan to take a few road trips to scope out potential bugout locations and possibly bury a couple buckets with supplies.
    Last edited by preppermama2; 04-20-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Looking at the nuke target and fallout maps, Jefferson looks pretty safe. Now I just have to worry about the yahoo's and hope they aren't squatting at my BOL.
    homefire likes this.
    Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. George Washington

It is not strange...to mistake change for progress? Millard Fillmore

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links