Question ?? - Prepper Vendor Posts Liberal Propaganda - Boycott?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Question ?? - Prepper Vendor Posts Liberal Propaganda - Boycott? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; just got started in an interesting tussle on another prepper site - well known prepper internet vendor posts prepper oriented info from liberal college professor ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Question ?? - Prepper Vendor Posts Liberal Propaganda - Boycott?

just got started in an interesting tussle on another prepper site - well known prepper internet vendor posts prepper oriented info from liberal college professor type - also contains direct political slams against Prez Trump ...

no disclaimer of the offending paragraphs of politics - I pointed out the slams and questioned the vendor whether he's asking to be boycotted ...

comes back later with another posting - no apology for the oversite - no recuse - more or less claiming to be above everyone else that posts because he's a VENDOR ...

OPINION?
    Denton likes this.
    I llini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    just got started in an interesting tussle on another prepper site - well known prepper internet vendor posts prepper oriented info from liberal college professor type - also contains direct political slams against Prez Trump ...

no disclaimer of the offending paragraphs of politics - I pointed out the slams and questioned the vendor whether he's asking to be boycotted ...

comes back later with another posting - no apology for the oversite - no recuse - more or less claiming to be above everyone else that posts because he's a VENDOR ...

OPINION?
    Make 'em walk the plank, aarrrghh!!!
    Oddcaliber, Denton and Sasquatch like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

"In the land of milk and honey you must put them on the table" - Steely Dan

Vendor,moderators or what keep the political correctness off the board or put it in the correct thread or section!
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We are a free country. Vendor is entitled to his her opinion. I'm entitled to shop where I want.

Super Moderator

Pray tell; what vendor and where can we find the thread?
    I'm feeling frisky.
    Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post a link.
    stowlin likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    We are a free country. Vendor is entitled to his her opinion. I'm entitled to shop where I want.
    Yep. Me too. Religion and politics pi$$ off people faster than anything. If I were a vender on this sight I would think twice prior to expressing my support for Clinton or Obama. To do so and expect sales would be an oxymoron.
    stowlin and Denton like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I support a persons right to speak them mind. How they do it may restrict the setting at times. If a business uses their platform to push an agenda And they comply with campaign laws I am ok with it . They must however understand once they do so they are fair game, and that is a type of hunting I enjoy. One you will not see a dime of my cash and I will make darn sure you are exposed.
    Local pool company employee was upset I went a long way out of town for the pool I wanted. He let me know about it. I let him know that when I stopped at their office the door was posted No CC no weapons. I turned and walked away. First un-posted door I found got my cash.
    Few years back a Harley dealer posted the door. We with in 48 hours flood them with emails for around the country. The sign came down and the dealer issued a half ass I did not understand, statement and issued it would never go back up.
    Liberals are very good at this game and Jackson and Sharpton got rich black mailing companies. We are not as public about it, we should be.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Democratik People's Republik of Hellinois
    I am COMPLETELY in favor of private businesses exercising their freedom of speech. Personally, I think that private businesses should be able to prohibit CCW, discriminate as they wish, etc. After all, it's a PRIVATE business.

I also have no issue at all with consumer boycotts against products or companies people don't like. If you don't want to buy a product, and you want to exercise your first amendment rights to tell the world that wou don't like Widgets, Inc, go for it!

Like I tell my kids, just because you have a right to say something or protest against something, or advocate for something, doesn't mean you have the right to be protected from the repercussions of it. You want to scream about how activity X is "unamerican, ungodly, homophobic, islamophobic, etc, etc", then you will be seen negatively by people on the other side of that argument. Just because you have the right to SAY it, doesn't mean you have a magical shield around you that prevents people from shouting back at you little snowflake!

Just like banning CCW in the store, there may be repercussions. If you piss off your market, then your market finds a new vendor. You want to discriminate against a specific people or class, fine, I think you should have the right to do so. But your buyers may find it distasteful and go elsewhere, providing opportunity for others vendors.

The market will correct in the end.
    Last edited by Egyas; 03-20-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    Kauboy, Prepared One and TG like this.
    -------------------------------
    "Free your mind, and your OS will follow."

Must be just another liberal moron. He wouldn't get my business.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Prepper and conservative are not synonymous. I'm sure Liberals think the SHTF when Trump got elected. While I disagree with them philosophically, ethically, and in every other way I can think of....The ability to protect oneself and family from catastrophe...Flood, Hurricane, power outage, EMP, War, etc is thankfully a Non partisan capability (i.e. only our side can survive). Some of you may disagree that the other side should survive... but who else am I gonna use as slave labor in my Fiefdom after the fall?

So even though the vendor may not believe as I do.... I'd be a fool to not consider buying something useful they may offer if I can't get it somewhere else at a better price.

There's many a milkmen some men didn't like....but the kids need Milk, none the less.
    RJAMES likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links