How to not be a statistic in the next great epidemic - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to not be a statistic in the next great epidemic

This is a discussion on How to not be a statistic in the next great epidemic within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Excellent thread. People be aware and be safe. Over the last number of years I've eliminated Hand Shaking from my business. No reason to shake ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: How to not be a statistic in the next great epidemic

Excellent thread. People be aware and be safe. Over the last number of years I've eliminated Hand Shaking from my business. No reason to shake hands with folks, its the easiest way to catch something.
    SGG and SOCOM42 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Excellent thread. People be aware and be safe. Over the last number of years I've eliminated Hand Shaking from my business. No reason to shake hands with folks, its the easiest way to catch something.
    I just avoid most people most of the time, basically a recluse.

The only ones I see are in the club store and wall world, and I don't bother communicating with any of them.

Most of my work comes from the LGS and the guns sit there for a few days before I picked them up.

Revelation 6:7-8 “When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, ‘Come and see.’ So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him.”

The Expositor’s Bible Commentary “ ‘Pale’ ( chloros ) denotes a yellowish green, the light green of a plant, or the paleness of a sick person in contrast to a healthy appearance.” Put bluntly, this horse is the color of death .

In Jesus’ parallel prophecy in Matthew 24, He explained that in the wake of religious deception, war and famine would come “pestilences” or disease epidemics (Matthew 24:7).

another reason why I do not live in a city....

of and WHEN a pandemic hits.. DO NOT go to the hospital
    Camel923, Slippy and Joe like this.
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    In the midst of a pandemic one would be foolish to take in fleeing strangers and potentially expose themselves. God be with you if your morals outweigh your survival discipline. Just an observation.
    I might feed people but unless they are family and they are quarantined for x amount of days...they are not getting in the house during an epidemic
    Camel923 likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    Revelation 6:7-8 “When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, ‘Come and see.’ So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him.”

The Expositor’s Bible Commentary “ ‘Pale’ ( chloros ) denotes a yellowish green, the light green of a plant, or the paleness of a sick person in contrast to a healthy appearance.” Put bluntly, this horse is the color of death .

In Jesus’ parallel prophecy in Matthew 24, He explained that in the wake of religious deception, war and famine would come “pestilences” or disease epidemics (Matthew 24:7).

another reason why I do not live in a city....

of and WHEN a pandemic hits.. DO NOT go to the hospital
    Exactly! The sickest of the sick will be there. Hospitals will turn into a death trap during an actual pandemic.
    Maine-Marine and Joe like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Exactly! The sickest of the sick will be there. Hospitals will turn into a death trap during an actual pandemic.

hospital zones will be an area to avoid in any SHTF - quadruple that during an epidemic - if it's not the coppers at the roadblocks it'll be military of some kind .... don't worry about your 2A right to carry - they won't be ....
    Camel923 likes this.
    I llini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    hospital zones will be an area to avoid in any SHTF - quadruple that during an epidemic - if it's not the coppers at the roadblocks it'll be military of some kind .... don't worry about your 2A right to carry - they won't be ....
    Good point
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    to be perfectly honest.... events such as epidemic and a meteor strike are inevitable.. just a matter of 2 yrs, 200, yrs, 20,000... they have happened, and they will happen again.
    I'll ask Spice.
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Someone tell me about dysentery drugs. All I'm seeing are prescription only stuff.
    Mister @John Galt your best bet for dysentery is prevention. It is your guts reaction to bacterial or protozoal or other infection. The lining of the intestine swells thereby becoming unable to absorb fluids. That is where the pain and diarrhea comes from. Your best bet is to keep your hands clean and your food properly prepped and stored. If you get dysentery your best non prescription med is generic pepto bismol. Gatorade will help restore the electrolytes you have lost from vomiting or diarrhea. If that is not available boil some brown rice and cool the strained water to drink. Eventually the symptoms will subside on their own. Most of the people who died in the early 1900's influenza epidemic actually died from secondary bacterial infections as the influenza virus weakened their immune systems. I can't overemphasize the need for good handwashing. When you go to the store take advantage of the wipes at the front door if they are available. wipe down the cart handle then with another wipe clean your hands. As a healthcare provider I have seen a GREAT increase in the number of antibiotic resistant bacteria that are present in our population. Good luck Mister Galt I always appreciate your input to the forum here.

Good stuff there, Joe!

One thing that always kinda freaks me out is using a public bathroom...

As we all know, there are lots of people who do not wash their hands after doing their business, and these very same people will walk over and grab onto the doorknobs and open the door with hands that have "heaven only knows what" on them.

I've gotten to the point that as I walk into a bathroom, if they don't have towels I will go into a stall and get some toilet paper (after removing the first layer or so) and stick it in my pocket. I do what I need to do, then wash really good with soap and water (making sure not to touch anything), dry my hands with the hand dryer then I get out the tissue and open the door using that. Most bathrooms now have trashcans right by the door for people who do this.

Obviously if the bathroom has paper towels I just use those. I will NOT touch a bathroom door knob going out with my bare hands. I won't eat until I wash my hands, so hopefully that all helps.

I am not a germaphobe at all, you just never know about what is on that knob.

MaterielGeneral and dmet like this.
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links