Nonverbal Communication and Survival - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Nonverbal Communication and Survival

This is a discussion on Nonverbal Communication and Survival within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Racking the slide on my 870 has always proven to be a most excellent form of non-verbal communication for me....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Nonverbal Communication and Survival

Racking the slide on my 870 has always proven to be a most excellent form of non-verbal communication for me.
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    At one time I could get 150 soldiers a message will quick with out a word. Latter the would explain it to the officers.
    The good ole days huh, Top? And as an addition that - words dont need to be spoken among men who understand each other.

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    Were you an officer?
    My thoughts exactly.

Too well written and over the top for a sand pounder.

sent from a paper cup and string via quantum wierdness
    bigwheel likes this.

Game Over

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherSOFSurvivor View Post
    The good ole days huh, Top? And as an addition that - words dont need to be spoken among men who understand each other.

My thoughts exactly.

Too well written and over the top for a sand pounder.

sent from a paper cup and string via quantum wierdness
    I wasn't an officer, but when I got out I sure took advantage of the GI Bill.
    bigwheel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Xerographica View Post
    I wasn't an officer, but when I got out I sure took advantage of the GI Bill.
    Smart move , Often counseled soldier on making use of it. Even while still on active duty. The program has changed over the years but still outstanding for those that put it to use. Even in the infantry today education out side your MOS is a big plus in advancement. To advance beyond E-7 is becoming rare without it. The days of only officers having degrees are long sense over.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Smart move , Often counseled soldier on making use of it. Even while still on active duty. The program has changed over the years but still outstanding for those that put it to use. Even in the infantry today education out side your MOS is a big plus in advancement. To advance beyond E-7 is becoming rare without it. The days of only officers having degrees are long sense over.
    When I was active duty they would preach for people to take classes but when soldiers would, different individual basis when soldiers needed to be at class they would bitch they had to take the soldier to class and defiantly let the soldier know they were an inconvenience. Not to many soldiers tried to take classes anymore cause they didn't want to deal with the BS. They liked to keep us in the field with a lot of BS field problems.

I waited until I got back to Michigan and then started College. I did take a Gunsmithing Correspondence course which was a really good primer on basic firearms repair and retail sales.
    Last edited by MaterielGeneral; 02-16-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added text
    bigwheel likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    When I was active duty they would preach for people to take classes but when soldiers would, different individual basis when soldiers needed to be at class they would bitch they had to take the soldier to class and defiantly let the soldier know they were an inconvenience. Not to many soldiers tried to take classes anymore cause they didn't want to deal with the BS. They liked to keep us in the field with a lot of BS field problems.

I waited until I got back to Michigan and then started College. I did take a Gunsmithing Correspondence course which was a really good primer on basic firearms repair and retail sales.
    The right course is not always the easy one. When you serve duty comes first. I know many the made it work. The other problem was the schools, they had a requirement to work with the soldiers. However in many cases once they started getting their cash they did not care. For many years , and it still happens even big name school made a killing ripping of soldiers on the GI bill.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Yes you are right, when you serve duty came first but it was just the way they handled things. I did have a platoon sergeant that was a jerk though. He would swear at us as a whole platoon, talk down to us a lot, not individually but just a general jerk. We were actually the better platoon out of the battery (Air Defense). When it came time to ETS, he was the deciding factor for me to get out. I did not want to deal with people like that. I don't have the temperament for it.

After a while I did miss the comrade of it and joined the guard. Did normal guard and then active duty guard. Leadership is more accountable in the guard. They have to answer to the immediate chain of command then the National Guard Bureau and to the governor of the state. Besides if you decided to be a dirt bag you could just go AWOL and they would kick you out. My unit we changed things up, when we pushed for and got the warrant we would then go pick the individual up and place them under military arrest. We had a local cop come with us to do the pick up. When I went AGR, I started working in supply in a signal unit south of Detroit and they had a crazy AWOL rate. I got the commander to implement the same program. After I arrested a few people they straightened up.

Sorry for the ramble, the memories start flowing.
    Last edited by MaterielGeneral; 02-17-2017 at 08:06 AM. Reason: added text
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Go2ndAmend View Post
    Racking the slide on my 870 has always proven to be a most excellent form of non-verbal communication for me.
    Ya know I always thought that sound was sorta deafening myself. Now some of these old military codger sniper types say that just let the bad guy know something is amiss. We cant all be right huh?
    A Watchman likes this.

With in our home I can with out you knowing it, in several ways let everyone know. Something is not right, to stand by, to kill that person or other options . It helps having sons and wife that served or still are.
    bigwheel likes this.

Thanks for all yalls Service to the Country. It usually just the little bride and I around here and she dont do the stuff I tell her so doubt she is going to respond to much non verbal stuff. Now the Shitzu guard dog is more highly attuned. He knows when I put on my hat and coat..secure my pepper spray on the wrist and grab the golf club walking stick..we is fiixing to got for a walk. Now a burglar come in the house while we are sleeping he will never wake up. He does let us know when the cat wants in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links