Epic power failure
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Epic power failure

This is a discussion on Epic power failure within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; About a half hour ago Meteirie had a power outage. Traffic lights not working caused numerous accidents as well as general confusion among the sheeple. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Epic power failure

Epic power failure

About a half hour ago Meteirie had a power outage. Traffic lights not working caused numerous accidents as well as general confusion among the sheeple. This is one of those times I'm very happy to be a prepper! I'll keep you updated on the situation as I get more information.
    Denton, paraquack, Annie and 2 others like this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

TG

Being prepared. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

I absolutely hate when the power goes out and stop lights stop working. The town I live in is full of meth heads and window lickers who lose their mind when they come to a stop light that isn't working.
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

TG

Quote Originally Posted by somohick View Post
    I absolutely hate when the power goes out and stop lights stop working. The town I live in is full of meth heads and window lickers who lose their mind when they come to a stop light that isn't working.
    Wow.. I'd evacuate

OK. Let me make it clear that I could care less whether or not the stop lights function correctly. It does however make it a nightmare when 85% of the people in my town flip out about it. After reading my post I realized that it could have been interpreted a couple different ways.
    Annie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by somohick View Post
    OK. Let me make it clear that I could care less whether or not the stop lights function correctly. It does however make it a nightmare when 85% of the people in my town flip out about it. After reading my post I realized that it could have been interpreted a couple different ways.
    I get what you mean, because you have to wonder what kind of stupid thing your neighbor might do if they're desperate enough.
    somohick likes this.
    "I shall die with weapons in my hands."
    -St Therese of Lisieux

Imagine the fun once the SHTF and there is no food or law and order.
    somohick likes this.

First off, we have no traffic lights in this town, only stop signs.

Almost every winter in the last 38 years I have lived out here, the power has gone out, from one day to three weeks.

That I don't worry about, well prepared for it.

No solar but 2 gas gensets, 1 dual fuel and 1 diesel.

I am setup for none electric living and can shift into it without a hiccup if needed to.

The outages gives me some free time to get into the radio shack, plus relax.

My shortwave radio next to the bed is hooked up to a deep cycle marine battery and can run for a month on it 24/7.

It also covers the broadcast band so I can listen to Rush Limburger, it is a Yaesu FRG 100.

It is comforting to not have to worry about any failures.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 01-02-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    Box of frogs and inceptor like this.

Update, at about 1:30 PM power comes back on. According to Entergy source there was an equipment malfunction. 12000 home's and business's were affected by this power outage. On the plus side I got paid to do nothing for 3 hours! LOL.
    TG and RJAMES like this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

Quote Originally Posted by Oddcaliber View Post
    Update, at about 1:30 PM power comes back on. According to Entergy source there was an equipment malfunction. 12000 home's and business's were affected by this power outage. On the plus side I got paid to do nothing for 3 hours! LOL.
    Drats, I had my money on the Ruskies!
    Oddcaliber and inceptor like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links