How you organize your preps - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How you organize your preps

This is a discussion on How you organize your preps within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; In the closet and under the bed. Use a notebook. Apartment living sucks for storage space!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How you organize your preps

In the closet and under the bed. Use a notebook. Apartment living sucks for storage space!
    warrior4 likes this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Not to sound flippant, but how do you organize your socks and underwear? That is pretty much how Mrs Inor and I organize our preps.

The ammo cans we have only hold ammo. Each caliber in its own can. Each can is marked with the caliber and which guns it fits. On food, each 5 gal pail is marked with what is inside it and the month and year it was packed. All medical is vac sealed and stored together and marked with what is in each pouch. What else are you looking for?
    Oh what the hell .... I'm gonna go with flippant here Frosty. Look, I have no idea if you live in a trailer house, an apartment, or in a mega mansion. But after careful consideration I have decided to try and help ya out by sharing my tried and proved methods .... but don't tell everybody as it took me years to perfect.

My long term items are in sealed mylar bags, and then in buckets with gamma lids.
    My canned items are on multiple shelves.
    And ..... I got an ass load of stuff in multiple freezers.
    Slippy likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Oh what the hell .... I'm gonna go with flippant here Frosty. Look, I have no idea if you live in a trailer house, an apartment, or in a mega mansion. But after careful consideration I have decided to try and help ya out by sharing my tried and proved methods .... but don't tell everybody as it took me years to perfect.

My long term items are in sealed mylar bags, and then in buckets with gamma lids.
    My canned items are on multiple shelves.
    And ..... I got an ass load of stuff in multiple freezers.
    And you will never know where I live. I have multiples of most things. I don't want to keep them together but I do want to build kits. So things like a comm kit may have several walks. It may also have a base station in there. I have two of them. Do I keep them in the same container. no. Do I try to separate them from each other in case of a localized fire. yes. Do I keep all my items in a BOB? Nope. Why? Because I intend on staying at my home as long as reasonable. In the event something is happening where I think I will need to bug out I will grab kits to make up what I need. I can do it fast. What I don't want to do is just have a bunch of stuff in a single bag in case I don't want or need it. I want to supermarket shop my preps quickly. I've been considering making nylon zipper bags with different preps in there like coms that I can grab quickly. i have also considered larger nylon zipper bags to load up food. Again. I am trying to avoid just creating big buckets of crap and have it organized so that I can quickly decide on what I want to include or exclude if necessary. Hope that helps.
    A Watchman and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StayFrosty View Post
    And you will never know where I live....
    Don't kid yourself Frosty, as much as I hate to admit it, very few secrets exist anymore.
    TG likes this.

Most of our stuff is on shelving and then may be in buckets, totes, or whatever type of storage seems best for them. This makes it easy to see what we have. It also makes it easy to rotate items that we use on a regular basis out by expiration date.

We have stuff stored in the garage, in a hidden basement room, and in the woods on our property. Of course the woods storage is not a bulk of items it is pure survival stuff. Having everything in the garage stored in Rubbermaid containers also give the illusion that I am a hoarder and not a prepper. The containers are of course marked incorrectly but I know what the markings mean.

One group of shelves hold everything that can fit into our truck and has a mixture of stuff (medical, food, ammo etc.). If we feel like we need to go we will grab only the things on those shelves and will get as much of it as we can as fast as we can.

Its a work in progress but it is coming along and ever changing based on things I learn here and on what else we add to our prepping mix.
    StayFrosty likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links