Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Are People No Longer Prepping?

23K views 203 replies 68 participants last post by  Fuser1983 
#1 ·
#5 ·
It's kinda funny. When the GOP took the senate back in '14, an inlaw of mine made multiple comments about things getting better blah blah blah. Then a year or so later the same old crap was going down and there was multiple continued attacks on the 2nd Amendment. I told him 10+ years ago after the Clinton "Assault Rifle Ban" was lifted to buy a semi auto on a AR platform.

Does the dumbass do what I tell him? Hell No! But he comes over and shoots mine! Finally he wises up and buys a nice modern sporting rifle, pays at least $200 more than what he should have X years ago. But for some reason, he doesn't stock up on ammo. So time flys and then Trump gets elected and my inlaw says "ammo will be in free supply, no reason to buy any now, I'll wait and prices will go down."

I assure you, he will get caught without any ammo because he will have bought into the popularist view that all is well now.

Last time I'll say it. If you want to have plenty of ammo, buy a few boxes every week or so then a few times a year buy in bulk and put some up. It will allow you to shoot when ever you want and also have it when you need it. Same goes for Food, Water, Meds, batteries, whatever...

#8 ·
True. The sheepoles fears have been quelled. Those that know that things can turn on a dime will continue the quest of self sufficiency. Many People just do not have the attention span or wisdom to prepare

#12 ·
I'm guilty. Sort of. As above, we hit (or almost) some goals, and have slowed a little. But come January, baby, it's on again!

#17 ·
Honestly I cut back on visiting here because of all the political hate.

I have zero interest in reading through anger-laced political diatribes, I don't care which side they are on.

Hate busts my groove, it harshes my mellow, and there are other places online I can go so that's where I have been.

#20 · (Edited)
shouldn't be any change in the prepper mindset considering natural disasters - don't see the new FEMA director making any drastic changes - don't expect $$$ big bucks going toward hardening the grid against EMP/solar storms ...

domestically you can expect a sizable increase in social unrest - if not a major sustained nationwide riot - the BLM has not only lost the DOJ support on the FED level - the state and local DAs will find the DOJ squashing the previous injustices - they can expect Jeff Sessions interfering big time in another Baltimore PD/Ferguson type persecution ....

another domestic SHTF concern - have the terrorists been lying low? - now waiting for Trump to take office? - will Trump's "Middle East" part of The Wall encourage domestic terror cells? ...

internationally? .... could go almost any direction - lots of action that needs to be taken by Trump - and that can be like ricocheting pool balls on a table .... because of the possible severity of the SHTFs - prepping for the long term is even more important than ever ....

#22 ·
I suspect it has a lot to do with what a person is prepping for. If you are driven by a potential economic collapse the economy and stock market has been doing better so there is less pressure to prepare. If you are driven by an attack (emp, biological, terrorist) or civil unrest the pressure hasn't changed so prepping still holds strong value. But many people who were prepping hard for months or years are approaching what they conceder a reasonably safe level of preparedness and now focus more on maintaining than increasing their preps. That's the point I'm at now.

I'll still add preps like the small chicken house I recently put in but I put it in more for the eggs and hobby value than as a prep.

#23 ·
I've been at the present readiness goal for sometime now. In fact, with a pending move in the next few months, I'm reigning in the levels of dry goods. Once we're up in the real south, I'll be taking 'preps' in a new and better direction to include growing, canning and maybe even chickens and bees. This past year, I was stocking up on precious metals (brass, copper, lead) in anticipation of a Hillary win but that's no longer a concern.

#27 ·
I am prepping more now them before , I am not going to be caught with out anything . If people call me a hoarder so be it . they are the ones that are going to be begging for supplies , food ,water , medical , ammo .

Reactions: Maol9 and Denton
#28 ·
It never stops, but prepping is more than buying Spam and shitonashingle...its gaining knowledge too

I think serious preppers are still doing their things and wannabes and betas who bought into it reactively are stopping because they think Trump is the antidote

It is good to regen your headspace - some of yall FOGs get too caught up in the doom n gloom/geopol shitstorms and get all crazy

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Give it a few months interesting times we live in the last few weeks.

Reactions: Denton
#30 ·
I am prepping, in fact I'm prepping hard. This is the time to buy, cause preps will be cheaper than when a Democrat is in power. The next president that will take the white house will be likely a democrap. I'm buying all the guns and ammo as much as I could. Hopefully economy will be fantastic so I can spend more on things I won't be able to get after 8 years.

#32 ·
Having emailed with a few preppers who were worried about opsec and being on this site.
While I know the NSA probably is monitoring this site or even bought a few months ago, it
doesn't bother me. But some people are spooked by it and have left the ranks. It doesn't
appear that they have stopped prepping. My prepping needs to get going again. Wife used
a lot of the foods while I was laid up. I guess it's ok, one way to rotate the foodstuffs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.