Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Would you say NO, to family or close friends?

This is a discussion on Would you say NO, to family or close friends? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I have a fairly simple attitude to family and prepping and this applies to ALL my family and friends. If you wont prep I have ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Would you say NO, to family or close friends?

I have a fairly simple attitude to family and prepping and this applies to ALL my family and friends.

If you wont prep I have a crossbow and you WILL die. I pick who I consider family.

This may seem harsh but if SHTF this country is too crowded to have any other attitude.
    Pir8fan likes this.

In the right circumstances I'll take in some family and friends. The land in which I will
    live needs more then two people (my wife and I) to secure and grow on. However if they
    really aren't prepared to work, defend, and contribute then no.

I plan for my daughter and my son an law and my grandson. My son an law is a great deer hunter and good with traping. As far as anyone else. They would have to bring something to the table. The sad thing is there are going to be more looking for a handout, than there will be preppers. There will be a fight. No doubt about it. They need what you got. I always believe you need to watch your family and friends more than you strangers. I know that I need to watch a stranger, and I learn a long time ago to really watch family and friends.
    Irish, shotlady, ekim and 1 others like this.

You are either in or out . It is not a madder of turning anyone away they choose not to join in. Their call not yours.
    When the gate is closed it is closed.
    shotlady likes this.
    If you can not defend it, then your just holding it for the next owner.
    When will DHS come for you. They have declared us the enemy

With almost half of the countries citizens getting gov. aid n a large potion of them will not or chose not to work it isn't a stretch to c them looting/stealing/battering or even killing to get what they need to survive. U don't believe in prepping for "any" emergency that may happen then u deserve to either scrounge for food or, saddly, die. My kids n grandkids r my life. They don't prep though I've preached to them multiple times. They r stocking some things bit not near what is nec.. will I turn them away, hell no. I'm prepping for them. Don't have lots of $ but have enough for them to make it for 6-9mo. I'm trying for 2yrs if I have the time left. I'm an old lady Soo its for them n have seeds n instructions for gardening. I couldn't live without my family nor would I want to. I truly believe that why im still here n the rest of my family is gone. So to answer you ? Hell yes I'd take them in n anyone else who tries to take what I did without to store for them will meet with a hot meal of lead. Just saying....
    Last edited by srpumpkin; 01-22-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typing error
    shotlady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanFamily View Post
    Fairly new to prepping. Hubby & I are beginning to realize that we are the only people, we personally know, that are prepping. In a case like that, would you turn away family or friends, that would try & benefit from you prepping & them not being prepared?
    Hell Yes! My immediate family comes first! Save 4 friends and my family only eats half as long....Same with family...My kids come first and to hell with the rest!
    shotlady likes this.

I have very few friends, so if any came to me for help, I would help them. Immediate family too. I know that both my few friends and family would contribute, etc.
    shotlady and Montana Rancher like this.

I would help family members and their families, but my friends are all into prepping, so they shouldn't need help, but if they do, we already plan to have a swap and barter deal going on.

It also depends on the situation. If there is a contagion, this could get dicey. I have helped my mom when she is sick, and I have gotten sick in the process of being her caregiver. For her, I would still help, but now I plan to go get her early on if the situation will allow for that.

For me, family comes first. Friends have to hang on their own. It's a hard knocks world. Ant and the grasshopper....
    Last edited by Verteidiger; 01-22-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    shotlady likes this.

we sacrificed time and money we didnt go on vacation do we could purchase guns and ammo or seeds and canning supplies or the nifty-iwantone- hydroponics garden set up. they got pay off now. we will get pay off later. and im not afraid to protect a perimeter. by any means neccesary. i have prepped for my kids. my son and his wife will plan to join me and well catch up later and he will join us. ill need the stron backs and military training.

Would have to turn away. But if they could help planting or other skills would reconsider.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads