Old Technology? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Old Technology?

This is a discussion on Old Technology? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by graynomad Who woulda thought they were still made, that's great. Nope, I got an anvil, swage block, blower and leg vice plus ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Old Technology?

Quote Originally Posted by graynomad View Post
    Who woulda thought they were still made, that's great.

Nope, I got an anvil, swage block, blower and leg vice plus assorted tools, but the guy didn't have a forge so I will have to make that myself I guess. I don't have time to build the smithy yet but wanted to grab the heavy stuff when I found it locally last year, they do pop up on eBay occasionally but shipping for these things can be a real bitch

I was pretty lucky I think, couldn't find stuff anywhere in the local area then one day I went into the car wreckers and blow me down if he didn't have all manner of blacksmith stuff because he planned to set up a museum. He was willing to sell anything he had more than one of, which was most everything as it happened.
    If you have the blower you can make the forge out of an old truck brake drum. Plumb some iron pipe into the center of the drum ad a 90 dregree elbow and another longer pipe to the blower. Then you just need some legs and a small grate to cover the center of the drum. Get some hammers and some scrap steel and start making your own tools!

Yep, I plan to do all that. Brake drums are a common method, just need to finish our container house first, for some reason the missus wants a kitchen before a smithy.

Yeah I know, go figure

I'm looking forward to doing a lo-tech hobby, I design computer hardware and that's too dependant on hi-tech.
    Rob Gray, aka Graynomad, living on the road since 2001, now homesteading, Hidden Content
    Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

speaking of old technology .... if you haven't paid a vist to the Survival Library - start your free downloading .... site is dedicated to saving the old technology in all the various survival fields for a post - SHTF world ....

About Us | Survivor Library
    I llini Warrior

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links