Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Lone girl prepper advice.

This is a discussion on Lone girl prepper advice. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I've been slashed, cross-checked and butt ended with a hockey stick enough to now it can be a good weapon. I'm even missing a couple ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Lone girl prepper advice.

I've been slashed, cross-checked and butt ended with a hockey stick enough to now it can be a good weapon. I'm even missing a couple teeth, with some scars as well

England, America's NATO ally for 65 years
    Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    ..I think the pushing issue, however, is the lone wolf thing. It is important to have associates in your prepping. Someone has to be watching your back. You need people you can trust..
    Yeah, but when bellies get empty can we trust other members of our group not to kill and eat us?
    There are ample examples of cannibalism within groups in true exploration/survival stories.
    "I don't trust anybody except myself, that's why I'm still alive"- Del Tarrant (space trader/rebel) in Blakes Seven

Anyway some people would actually PREFER being a Lone Wolf in a SHTF world, I like to think I'd be like that.
    Another reason for going it alone is that your food supply dramatically drops the more mouths there are in your group..
    Last edited by Lucky Jim; 12-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.

You sound like a well rounded young lady. Just my opinion but if you opt not to carry a firearm or form a partnership with someone maybe consider getting a bigger, well trained dog for protection. But if the stuff really hits the fan you could expect the really bad guys to harm your dog too. So a firearm makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    I got into prepping after i bought my ruger 10/22! its lite weight and i put a slig on it. also picked up the ruger sr22. do not underestimate the value of having 17oz (sr22) on your person. 525rounds will cost you 30 bux and weigh about 2 lbs. you cant afford to not have one. if your state is no hang guns till yer 21 then a ruger 10/22 will be an excellent choice. i applaud you... and challenge you to kick it up a notch and consider a side arm.

i too have no where to go or people to go with but im pretty much ready with my bug out bag. i have two as i will enlist someone that want to live on my way out of town. as 1 is none and 2 is1 when it comes to emergencies. in my corner i am well trained and practiced with fire arms.
    I second these statements. If you go with any .22 LR, consider Aguila Supermax ammo . In a Rifle it has 204 foot lbs. of energy. This is the best .22lr ammo for self defense . About $40 for 500 rds. When you shoot it , compared to regular .22 ammo, you will really see and feel the difference.

Nice to meet ya! Stick around the board, and plunder through the board. There are many ways to do the same thing, and there are a lot of smart people on this board with different ideas. Pick through, get the ideas that fit you.

Here are a couple of musts, though, if the S slams into the F and it is chaos time.

You MUST have a firearm. Period. People will be panicking, and bad people will be off the leash. Be ready for the threats. Live with the burden of a heavier load than die empty handed. I'd rather shoot someone in the face with a .22LR rife at 20 feet than hit them with a staff.

Second point, get with good, like-minded people. Your chances of survival will go up, considerably. ATL is going to be a dangerous area, and there will be you and several HUNDRED thousands scrambling out of the city death trap. There is a reason why the army uses squads and platoons, so don't try and be a Lone Wolf McQuade. Take PrepperRecon and Leon's advice, and make sure you tag up with Leon; he has crazy-mad skills you definitely need to learn from him!

England, America's NATO ally for 65 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    ..so don't try and be a Lone Wolf McQuade!..
    Unless you'd be happier on your own..
    There are some good people out there, and there are some who are pains, so choose carefully which to hang with.
    Choose bad and you'll be in a world o' hurt-
    "If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump
    Last edited by Lucky Jim; 12-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaigenB View Post
    WOW!! This was so cool to watch!
    It was cute... too bad it was staged and not a real fight.

Umm... for those wondering if you scared her off. Kim only posted twice (on 5 Sep)... and hasn't logged in again since 6 Sep... so it seems she dropped in and dropped out. Oh well... we seem to have a bunch of those that make the effort to join and post once or twice and then never come back. Sad... since this forum could be the one thing that makes a difference for them.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason (co-author of the Bill of Rights)
    "A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
    "If guns don't make people safer...then why do world leaders have armed security?" - Author Unknown

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I hope she makes it, whatever she does.

You have the right mindset. I would advise that you purchase at least 1 good handgun, as well as a rifle. Having a dog is great - protection, etc. My family and I have 3 large dogs and our bug out plan is very similar to yours. Head to the Appalachian mountains here in Virginia. Do you have any longer term plans in place? A bug out bag is a good start, but I think planning for 1-2 weeks. Do you have a tent? camping gear, etc? Pepper spray? Do you have 3 different ways to make a fire? A hunting rifle - .22 even would help you hunt for food. Along with your fishing gear this would improve your chances. Message me if you have any questions or comments. Good Luck.

Female or not, being alone is not the way to go. You need to find someone else you can trust, male or female. You can't watch your back 24/7 and everyone needs to sleep. Hand defense is a last resort. A small handgun is a minimum be it a .22 or what ever. Unless your the exception, your not going to be GI Jane, don't waste the time trying, a few good friends are much better.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ads