Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies? within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; COFFEE COULD BE MORE VALUABLE THAN GOLD IN A CRISIS Food | 9 Comments I recently saw a woman wearing a t-shirt that read, “But ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies?

COFFEE COULD BE MORE VALUABLE THAN GOLD IN A CRISIS
    Food | 9 Comments
    I recently saw a woman wearing a t-shirt that read, “But first, coffee.” I chuckled over it, because there have been many mornings in my life where I’ve uttered the same thing. Then I started thinking a little more about coffee and how our very survival may become dependent on it.

Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies? There are numerous reasons why coffee could be more valuable than gold in a crisis, but let me share my own top five.

1- Increased Energy and Alertness. The caffeine in coffee increases adrenaline levels in the bloodstream. That ‘fight or flight’ hormone is designed to make us ready for intense physical exertion, so that cup of coffee may just save your life. I don’t know about you, but when a crisis hits, I plan to be alert and ready for whatever may come next.

2 – Bartering. That morning cup of coffee is practically a sacred ritual for many, so what happens when coffee is suddenly limited? Not only do you want to have enough coffee for daily survival in a disaster, but think about this: if you have a vast supply of survival coffee on hand, you have an incredibly valuable resource for bartering. Consider all the people you know who drink coffee daily and are hooked on caffeine. Have they included survival coffee in disaster planning? Doubtful. Having some extra survival coffee for bartering will be key in a disaster.

3 – Water Purification. Depending on the crisis, you may be filtering water with purification tablets. The taste of water is known to change with use of those tablets. Coffee will improve the taste of your water and mask the taste that tablets can leave behind. Better tasting water and additional energy is a win in my book.

4 – Coffee Is Good for You. We’ve all seen the studies about the positive effects coffee consumption has on our physical health due to the richness of antioxidants, but what about our emotional health? Some studies suggest drinking coffee combats depression. This may not be something you deal with on a daily basis, but depression could easily develop in a stressful disaster situation. Not to mention, several studies show that coffee drinkers live longer and have lowers risks of premature deaths. I’ll drink a cup of joe to that!

5 – Coffee Grounds Make Great Fertilizer. Don’t forget to save your coffee grounds to use as fertilizer. If you have survival seeds for planting during an extended emergency situation, there are numerous advantages to using coffee grounds for gardening. They add organic material to the soil, which improves drainage and water retention. The grounds also help microorganisms, which aid in plant growth.

As you can see, including survival coffee in your emergency food supplies is essential! Be sure to include a percolator for brewing survival coffee right over your campfire or on your propane stove.

Coffee Could Be More Valuable Than Gold in a Crisis - Patriot Headquarters Blog
    Maol9 and Camel923 like this.
    Trump arrives to save America!

Super Moderator

Do I have coffee stored for SHTF?

What's the next question; do I have ammunition? Food? Portable shelter?

BTW, I also have boxes of 5 Hour energy shots.
    Egyas likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Yes and plenty of it! I have boxes of Tasters Choice which will become Survivors Choice SHTF.

For brewed coffee I have a fair amount of very potent coffee called "Death Wish", good stuff!

Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies?-1lb-ground_2048x2048_533e3323-85a9-4493-9eb6-cbc1386ec2fe_1024x1024.png
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I don't drink the stuff & don't store it. If someone comes to the farm in a crisis & they are addicted to coffee, well that is their problem. I have pain killers for their headaches. I have several tea plants growing now so soon I can put up my own tea.

I bought 100 tea-bags and filled a few with coffee. They are kept in the kit that contains the water, alcohol stove, cup, etc, etc...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    1944:
    18 year olds storm the beaches of Normandy into almost certain death.
    2016:
    18 year olds need a safe space because words hurt their feelings.

Yes, I store vacuum packed ground coffee. It might be crap to the purist, but in a SHTF situation it will taste pretty good. I also have 3 methods to perk it: propane stove, alcohol camping stove, and electric using the battery bank.

I have enough coffee to use for trading, as well as small bottles of cheap vodka (much better than creamer).
    Prepared One likes this.
    Respect everything, fear nothing.

if nothing else freeze dried is a good bet - even in regular retail packaging it has an extremely long shelf life .... as far as "sin & pleasure" type barter goods it's one of the better ... it'll have a broader appeal across the board for trading ....
    I llini Warrior

Do I have survival coffee? Does a bear crap in the woods?
    Oddcaliber likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Super Moderator

Cans & Cans of Green beans from Costco...

Rancher

Yes we have coffee in our rotating stock. But I have no doubt the day will come it will run out and living here there is nothing that can be done about that. Life with out coffee will be less enjoyable.
    The storm night before last for some reason took out the Bunn coffee maker. 9 year old grand daughter " Grandpa you better fix that before grandma gets home, she will be mad if there is no coffee."
    I took her to school then went and purchased a new one.
    RJAMES likes this.
    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links