Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies?

This is a discussion on Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies? within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by azrancher Cans & Cans of Green beans from Costco... Rancher Costco has Green coffee beans in a can?...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies?

Quote Originally Posted by azrancher View Post
    Cans & Cans of Green beans from Costco...

Rancher

Costco has Green coffee beans in a can?

I have cases of Maxwell House in #10 cans.

It is all for others now, I cannot drink it for med reasons.

I use to drink an entire 10 cup pot between 7 and 12 everyday in the shop.

I prefer tea anyways, drink 2-3 cups a day, have years worth on hand.

My daily tea is Lipton's, occasional's are English Breakfast and Earle Gray.

I can't survive without coffee!
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Democratik People's Republik of Hellinois
    Ok, first let me get this out of the way...

"I don't drink coffee."

There, now you can hate on me all you want. lol Seriously though, I do like the flavor of coffee, but I don't drink any hot beverages. No coffee, tea, hot chocolate, broth, etc. Well, maybe 2 cups a year if I have a cold or something, but that's it. I just don't enjoy drinking hot beverages.

Now, having said that, I have to also say that I just don't get the coffee craze people have int he mornings. I drink a cold NOS as my wake-up drink, or Diet cke if I'm out of NOS, but if I have to go without it's not like the world is ending. My wife on the other hand, holy hell. I get up before her so I make sure there's a fresh pot waiting for he to wake up to. It's just not worth the danger if there's not coffee waiting! lol She told me I need to buy this shirt for her..
    Name:  coffee_shirt.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  12.2 KB

Ok, the serious question now...

Why do so many people make such a big deal about coffee in their preps? Going to such an extent to store it (raw beans, burlap sacks, grinders, roasting pans, etc). Or just using ground coffee and drinking it "stale" (I didn't know it COULD go "stale").

I know I'm a coffee n00b (at best), but really, why is it so important to many people?
    -------------------------------
    "Free your mind, and your OS will follow."

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KA5IVR View Post
    Costco has Green coffee beans in a can?
    Costco, and Amazon have everything...

Do you have survival coffee included in your survival food supplies?-costco-green.jpg

Works out to be about $15.00/can in a case of 6. And they aren't pull top cans!

Rancher
    Maol9 and KA5IVR like this.

The big deal is I like coffee. It is one of lifes simple pleasures. I don't consume beer ,wine or any other form of it have no use for those products. Coffee has brought me the comfort of home 8,000 miles away.
    When first married and broke a cup of coffee with each other was a big deal.
    Spent many a day and night with soldiers getting ready for or coming off missions with a cup of coffee. I have one now sitting here in a cup That means more to me than a gold coin. Sat at the table over coffee with wife going over where we were, where we were going and how to get there.
    You could say most of our life most events coffee was there.
    Deebo likes this.
    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Democratik People's Republik of Hellinois
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The big deal is I like coffee. It is one of lifes simple pleasures. I don't consume beer ,wine or any other form of it have no use for those products. Coffee has brought me the comfort of home 8,000 miles away.
    When first married and broke a cup of coffee with each other was a big deal.
    Spent many a day and night with soldiers getting ready for or coming off missions with a cup of coffee. I have one now sitting here in a cup That means more to me than a gold coin. Sat at the table over coffee with wife going over where we were, where we were going and how to get there.
    You could say most of our life most events coffee was there.
    Ok, so for you it's more an emotional item than a "necessity". That I can understand.

I was really asking more for the people like my wife, whom are a fundamentally different creature before the consumption of coffee. lol I've asked her, but she is unable to explain it other than "it just is."
    Smitty901 likes this.
    -------------------------------
    "Free your mind, and your OS will follow."

I carry some individual packets of a citrus caffeine drink mix in my packs and have some in stores besides coffee. It has vitamin C, gives you a kick in the morning, taste good cold or warm and covers the taste of some bad tasting water. This in my opinion would be better than coffee for a BO situation where I want to be able to eat and drink on the go cold so as to save weight and keep moving. Fire draws attention and stoves/fuel is weight. I could see a hot caffeinated chocolate drink in really cold climates and do carry that in vehicles.

I have a cousin who has no worries when it comes to coffee as he grows it on his farm in rural Panama. As long as the sun shines and the rains come he is good for fruits, vegetables, coffee, milk and beef. Lots of fresh water fish and not too far from the coast for seafood. Helped him make a still on my last visit so he is pretty good in that department as well.

For long term coffee beans and a way to grind is the best way to store it. I just have ground coffee enough for two years stored.
    Maol9 likes this.
    Survival Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days. Prepping What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months Seeds and livestock What you need for long term subsistence.

Quote Originally Posted by Egyas View Post
    Ok, so for you it's more an emotional item than a "necessity". That I can understand.

I was really asking more for the people like my wife, whom are a fundamentally different creature before the consumption of coffee. lol I've asked her, but she is unable to explain it other than "it just is."
    Sitting in the dessert temps over 130 degrees. Chrome 30 cup pot brewing coffee on the hood. Commander of a unit we were there to meet was in disbelief , he could not take the cup I offered him fast enough.
    Coffee has sealed the deal on a lot of relationships. Yes we shared with the others.
    Maol9 likes this.
    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I have several different forms of coffee in my stores. ( roasted beans, green, ground vacuumed packed and canned that I rotate ) No way I am going through the end of the world without my damn coffee. Besides, my wife would kill me early on without it.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links