160 Gallon Water Reserve - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

160 Gallon Water Reserve

This is a discussion on 160 Gallon Water Reserve within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Maol9 Found some on Craigslist. Plus I know a guy that works at a company that makes different food products. They have them sitting around. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 160 Gallon Water Reserve

Maol9

Found some on Craigslist. Plus I know a guy that works at a company that makes different food products. They have them sitting around. Never know when one gets blown away in a storm.

Ours is set up along a back garage out of the way. We have the gutter on longer brackets and it will slide out of the way under the roof edge. So the snow and ice sliding off the roof does damage it in the winter.
    Maol9 likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    We are presently in the middle of building a house with a very deep well. Because of that, I wanted an above ground water tank. We went with a 1550 gallon above ground tank with a secondary 2 gallon pressure tank. So far it works great. And having a 1 year supply of water (if rationed) above ground for 2 people in the middle of the desert is not a bad thing.
    We have a 225 foot deep well. To take the iron and mineral taste out of the water, there is an aerator in the system.
    Pump #1 pulls the water from the well and shoots it over to the aerator, which holds 200 gallons. From there, another pump pulls it from the aerator and sends it too the house.
    I have plumbed other circuits in also - the animals and the garden can be watered straight from the well, and also in case the aerator pump fails I can cut it out of the loop.

We also have one of those plastic tanks-in-a-cage like someone posted above, that holds 350 gallons, out by the stables for animal water if there is an outage.

Inor - a very important person in your life will be your well man. Ask around, and make sure you've got a good one.
    Inor and Maol9 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, AMVETS, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Keep in mind that the 160 gallon tank in the OP weighs 1300 lbs when filled. That's a lot of weight in a small area if you have wood floor trusses. I hope you plan to keep them on a concrete floor.
    Maol9 likes this.
    Talk is cheap, actions count.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    We have a 225 foot deep well. To take the iron and mineral taste out of the water, there is an aerator in the system.
    Pump #1 pulls the water from the well and shoots it over to the aerator, which holds 200 gallons. From there, another pump pulls it from the aerator and sends it too the house.
    I have plumbed other circuits in also - the animals and the garden can be watered straight from the well, and also in case the aerator pump fails I can cut it out of the loop.

We also have one of those plastic tanks-in-a-cage like someone posted above, that holds 350 gallons, out by the stables for animal water if there is an outage.

Inor - a very important person in your life will be your well man. Ask around, and make sure you've got a good one.
    Our well is 540 feet. I do not know a lot of well guys, but the one we have found water in the middle of the desert. So that should count for something.

So far, our biggest problem with it was a few weeks ago the counter weight that shuts off the well pump when the tank is full, fell off its actuating arm. Mrs Inor and I showed up one morning to work and the whole well area was flooded! Leave it to the Inors to have flood problems in the middle of the desert.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Keep in mind that the 160 gallon tank in the OP weighs 1300 lbs when filled. That's a lot of weight in a small area if you have wood floor trusses. I hope you plan to keep them on a concrete floor.
    All our floors are concrete slab.
    John Galt likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links