160 Gallon Water Reserve - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

160 Gallon Water Reserve

This is a discussion on 160 Gallon Water Reserve within the Food, Health and Fitness Survival forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Egyas Sounds like a basement floor to me! full size bathtub is around 100 gallons and needs to be specially supported in ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 160 Gallon Water Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Egyas View Post
    Sounds like a basement floor to me!

full size bathtub is around 100 gallons and needs to be specially supported in the floor joisting .... 160 gallons in a 24 inch space - covering a couple of joists at most - I'd say a basement location would be a smart move ....
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    I llini Warrior

My house is on a concrete slab, so anywhere downstairs or in my barn will work.
    Egyas, RJAMES and rice paddy daddy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Very nice Redneck. 1 Querstion; Did they actually ship a Metro-Sexual wearing Skinny Jeans and why is he leaning on your stackable water reserves?
    From the looks of things, if came with it, he wouldn't last one hour on my farm.
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Very nice Redneck. 1 Querstion; Did they actually ship a Metro-Sexual wearing Skinny Jeans and why is he leaning on your stackable water reserves?
    Psst .... Hey Slip, that's redneck, sorry I thought you knew he was a ....... well a .......
    Redneck and Slippy like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I lived in Panama City Panama and had a water tank on a stand built in the bathroom. Ceilings were very high. Water pressure was a problem and you could only get water during a couple hours at night so they fill a tank with an automatic float shut off. Tank filled at night then gravity fed into the apartment during the day. Several Amish built houses in my area have a tank like this on the second floor or sometimes attic. They pump every couple days with a gas engine pump from a well then gravity feed fro there to get pressure. They normally set 4 4x4 post in the ground/ basement and run them straight up to where they build a platform with 2x8 or 2x10 . Tie the post into a walls on the first floor and second floor if in the attic , vent it put in an over flow and insulate . In the basement Use some 2x6 to tie the 4x4 together. In one home basement it looked like a heavy storage bin and a shelf , first floor the space held a hot water tank , 2nd floor it was the top/ landing for a set of stairs, attic was the water storage tank . Those tanks are built in and then filled you could not get them in place once all construction is done.

I would place water tanks then fill with a hose never fill then try to place. I have a 500 gallon tank that I just pick up, easier with two people, but you can pick it up to take it out of a pickup truck or put it in. When on the ground I would set it on a garden cart or on its side it is round you can roll it. It does not fit thru a door it is just your standard farm water tank you get at a farm store - Orchilains, Farm and Home , Tractor Supply.

If I put this one in my house I would have had to place it as it is being built to wide to get thru a door.
    Redneck likes this.
    Survival Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days. Prepping What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months Seeds and livestock What you need for long term subsistence.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Haven't got mine yet but I'd sure think filled that would be heavy... maybe too heavy for a dolly. I know a full 55 gallon drum by itself is very heavy & this is about 3 times that size. If it had to be moved, I'd drain it first, I think.
    @Redneck IW has a good point Once that tank is full it will weigh 1360 lbs. It looks like a great investment. Thanks for sharing the info.

In my case, I will not keep if filled with water but keep it empty in the barn waiting for an extended outage. If you keep it full, you have to monitor the water quality & would probably be a good idea to put in additives to keep the sludge out. They sell such an item but on my farm, I just normally add a bit of Clorox to stock tanks & similar.

In Romania, they had many of the big square white water storage containers on farm land. I have seen a rum facility that used these to transport rum too. But, they are somewhat clear.. and have metal cage wrapped around them.\
    If you were to store the water, how much clorox per gallon do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    If you were to store the water, how much clorox per gallon do you use?
    Slippy likes this.

FYI: As time goes by, bleach loses its potency. Depending on how it's stored, within a year it can lose 50% of it's effectiveness. So that half-used 5-year-old bottle may not really be any good.
    Redneck likes this.
    I lock my doors for your protection. Hidden Content

Feel free to visit my Hidden Content Page.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links