Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Homemade Jerky - Gotta Get Ya Some

922 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bigwheel 
#1 ·
I keep at least 50 lbs of beef jerky in sealed bags in the freezer at all times. Here is a starter recipe and instructions in the link, you can develop your own method and perfect it with practice. If you do not have a dehydrator, you can use your oven and crack the door open.

Everyone loves jerky whether beef, deer, turkey, possum, or other ....... OK maybe not possum, but get practicing with some roast from your grocer at least!

http://urbansurvivalsite.com/make-delicious-beef-jerky-ever/

#3 ·
Wow
Way harder than it has to be

Take a "chicken rub" or "rib rub" spice off the shelf at Costco or Sams club, slice your meat thin, sprinkle it on liberally and let it sit overnight and then smoke it or dehydrate it as you prefer and you are done.

The complicated process above might taste slightly better but SHTF and you need to thaw and preserve the meat in your freezer, this will do.

Reactions: 8301
#6 ·
I make venison jerky that never lasts more than a day or two. Lately I have focused on making deer in the slow cooker and backstrip kabobs on the grill. I need to get back to the smoker.

#7 ·
Ostrich is good meat. Now Emu not so much. Fella told me it tastes like liver all over...but makes good jerky in spit of tht fault. I have seen chicken jerky advertised and it supposed to be pretty good. I tried making pork jerky one time. It had a musty smell to it that could not be shook. The dogs ***** and possums liked it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.