Counterfit CAT Tourniquets
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Counterfit CAT Tourniquets within the First Aid and Medical Preparedness forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Chinese made CAT Tourniquets If you buy any CAT Tourniquets make sure they are North American Rescue (NAR). The Chinese are flooding the surplus and ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Counterfit CAT Tourniquets

Chinese made CAT Tourniquets
    If you buy any CAT Tourniquets make sure they are North American Rescue (NAR). The Chinese are flooding the surplus and outdoors market with cheap knockoffs on eBay and Amazon. US retailers are selling them also. The tourniquets look and operate like the real deal but do not say NAR on them. When in use the Chinese version will break. It will create a potential life threatening situation. Don't go cheap on a $6.00 piece of junk when you can pay a little more and get the real deal. Are you willing to bet your life or your family members life on a fake tourniquet?

When you are shopping for a CAT ask if it is made by North American Rescue or a Chinese version. If they say it is a Chinese version politely let them know they are liable if someone dies from one of their fakes failing. If it is a eBay listing then find a “Report Item” button, click it. Click the Report Category button then select Copyright and Trademark, then Reason for Report, select Counterfeit Item Counterfeit Fake or Replica Items then click Continue and finish following the instructions.

Maybe if eBay gets sick of people reporting the fakes they will start canceling the listings. Or if enough people get alerted and someone gets hurt on a fake they can sue the crap out of the liberal money hungry corporate giant.

Here are a couple videos.

SkinnyMedic

Fake tourniquet with real NAR instructions.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

bump, I'm trying to bump the message but the system says it is to short. So bump...
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Good info!
    Made me go take a look at mine to make sure they weren't fakes.
    Mine are not NAR, but rather SOF Tactical Tourniquets. US made and available from Tactical Medical Solutions. Found mine at a gun show, so apparently I got lucky.
    The windless is solid aluminum with no anodizing, and the strap is only 1" wide, so it's one of their earlier generations.
    Looks solid and doesn't show the signs of poor quality like the fakes.
    Semper paratus!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Good info!
    Made me go take a look at mine to make sure they weren't fakes.
    Mine are not NAR, but rather SOF Tactical Tourniquets. US made and available from Tactical Medical Solutions. Found mine at a gun show, so apparently I got lucky.
    The windless is solid aluminum with no anodizing, and the strap is only 1" wide, so it's one of their earlier generations.
    Looks solid and doesn't show the signs of poor quality like the fakes.

Those are good ones. I would like to pick one up eventually but I have to be carefull with my supplies becoming different designs. I have seen Chinese knockoffs of the Soft T on eBay so people be careful. If your in doubt ask.

Also be careful with condor products listed on Amazon as well.
    Had some gear for a kit I ordered before going out on a job, only to find that my new bag was chinese knock off.

The Molle system was F'ed all to hell, things sown and secured in a way that made the pack almost non functional.
    On top of that the materials used and the way it was constructed, meant it would have failed me on the first OP in the field.

I get the convenience of ordering online but I feel like supplies that you depend on with your life are best purchased in person.
    The problem with thinking you are the biggest baddest man on earth, begins when you meet the guy bigger than you.
    A safe community of trained and educated members, is the only way to ensure individual safety - Hidden Content

Hidden Content ( Simple gear mod ideas & tutorials. )

Where to get genuine parts?
    I look on ebay there are some from China and Israel.

I got my med stuff off a gun forum from a guy who lives on a base..............

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Where to get genuine parts?
    I look on ebay there are some from China and Israel.
    I find better deals on eBay but you have to make sure it is North American​Rescue. If your unsure ask. If the seller is from China or South East Asia at all, it's going to be fake.

A little over a month ago I ordered a CAT from China for $6.00 for training purposes. It's actually pretty decent but it will only be used for training. Why wear out your good one that you actually want to use to stop bleeding?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

thats rite...
    Maybe someone from US could buy one or two for me when he buy his stuff and ship it to my Address as an Gift...
    The Problem with buy direct from US is the Custom fees are insane. +20% Tax, +20% Import fee, +20€ for Handling the Custom things. The calculate Shipping Fee + bought Item!
    So when the shipping 40€ cost I had to pay at least 56€ just for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    thats rite...
    Maybe someone from US could buy one or two for me when he buy his stuff and ship it to my Address as an Gift...
    The Problem with buy direct from US is the Custom fees are insane. +20% Tax, +20% Import fee, +20€ for Handling the Custom things. The calculate Shipping Fee + bought Item!
    So when the shipping 40€ cost I had to pay at least 56€ just for shipping.
    If you want, send me a pm. I don't have a problem buying a cat have it shipped to my house and then I reship it to you. You will have to send me the money through PayPal ahead of time. I'm not taking any risk. Foreign shipping prices​do suck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links