Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Assuming you would ever consider bugging out, would it be possible to build a 72 hour bug out bag using only Walmart as a source ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?

Administrator

Assuming you would ever consider bugging out, would it be possible to build a 72 hour bug out bag using only Walmart as a source for the supplies?

If you were on an extremely limited budget, what would you start with?
    bigwheel likes this.

Three cans of spam or luncheon meat; three cans of pork and beans, three cans of peaches and three 2 liter bottles of diet coke.
    ajk1941 likes this.
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

A decent back pack (school supply section); a tarp; some sterno; three disposable lighters, a cheap camp hatchet; Two rolls of TP;
    ajk1941 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Don't forget the 22lr and ammo.

First aide kit , tp , tarp , para cord , duck tape , knife , cotton balls , fire starter ,bic lighters , water purifier , folding saw , kids style back pack " batman " .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Don't forget the 22lr and ammo.
    .177 air pistol https://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-A...istol/43989758

The 22 is usually on me

For here in Texas...Most definitely yes you could make a decent 72 hour bag using Wally World as your only source. Alaska or in the north along the Canadian Border...maybe not. In fact 75% at least of the stuff in my bug out bag came from Wally World! The Back Pack and Cold Weather Sleeping Bag part though is where I would probably opt to purchase somewhere else. While I dont need the upmost in quality on a striker steel, food , knife or cook ware etc...I dont see anything at the 8 or so Wally Worlds here that I would consider to be acceptable even for entry level prepping when it comes to a bag to carry it or sleeping bag. For a Cold Weather Sleeping Gear and a Backpack, I think you seriously need to look else where or you'll likely be left wanting. Thats the wrong time to be wanting!!!

What would I put in it? Thats like asking "how long is a piece of string" as my Dad would so affectionately say...man that used to piss me off as a kid! Did the power go out in a weather storm or are we talking Katrina here and I need to get to higher ground on the other side of town? How minimalistic are you willing to get? What I would consider adequate when I was 19 is a hell of a lot different than what I would consider these days now that I am much older. How much skill you got at scrounging and woodsmanship and foraging is another huge factor to consider. What a Country Boy needs to survive and what the typical Metro-Sexual Snowflake today would need to survive is quiet different!

I started out with a 72 hour bag when I got into prepping....it soon evolved into a full blown Bug Out Bag over time.
    Cricket and Prepared One like this.

I would like the name of the person who came with this dumbass question. Walmart really? I wouldn't buy this weeks grocery's at Walmart, much less items that are integral to my stance against the inevitable domination of this once great Nation.
    Slippy and preponadime like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Some folks can only afford what comes out of walmart of dollar general. If you've got the money to by top of the line then so be it. not everyone has
    TG, Coastie dad, ajk1941 and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links