Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart? - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?

This is a discussion on Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; don't know if I posted on this one previously - but compiling a substitute GHB from particular chain stores used to be a somewhat scenario ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?

don't know if I posted on this one previously - but compiling a substitute GHB from particular chain stores used to be a somewhat scenario "mental exercise" ....

you're on the road - flew to a distant location - only have a rental car and your suitcase of regulars .... you wake up to a serious SHTF with flying home impossible or not advisable ... you have a small shopping area around you to compile long distance GHB materials .... you might be able to drive home entirely - part way - not at all ... there's no heavy strength provider like a Cabellas - it's a Wally World, Home Depot, Walgreens/CVS, $1 Store, Pep Boys, Kroger ect ect ... what do you buy? - what's available to buy for substituting for regular GHB items? - plan of action? - your timetable?
    I llini Warrior

You get what you pay for! There are all levels of preppers. If you are only worried about a short term interruption in your way of living a 72 hour bag from walmart is plausible.

Bug Out Bag a Nurses Perspective

Assuming you would ever consider bugging out, would it be possible to build a 72 hour bug out bag using only Walmart as a source for the supplies?

If you were on an extremely limited budget, what would you start with?

To focus on the second question here, I would say that, for the most part, people do try to make an educated guess of what to stock their bag with. However, rarely does anyone have a good standard framework by which to base their preps. I am lucky because I became a Registered Nurse. As a nurse you learn how to utilize healthcare scientific theories, evidenced based practice, and learn critical thinking skills. One such theory that nurses learn about is Maslow's Hierarchy of Human needs. This is the generally accepted theory in healthcare and nursing. It is a pyramid with the most basic needs being at the foundation of the period. You are never able to progress up to the next level until the preceding levels needs are met. This is a great framework for preppers to use to build their preps around.
    I have a great video on my Youtube channel that describes what I have in a general vehicle emergency preparedness bug out bag that was built around Maslow's hierarchy. The video is titled: Bug Out Bag A Nurses Perspective. You can find it on my youtube channel TestosteroneRN
    Last edited by TestosteroneRN; 01-23-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Sponsored Links