Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?

This is a discussion on Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; It's only for 72 hours. Does it need to be the latest special operator gear? My question do really need anything to survive 72 hours? ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?

It's only for 72 hours. Does it need to be the latest special operator gear? My question do really need anything to survive 72 hours? Unless it's 105 degrees or -20 below extreme conditions. The average person in good condition can easily go 72 hours with just the clothes on their backs. No it wouldn't be fun but it could be done.
    Slippy, hawgrider and Camel923 like this.

Could you build an effective BOB from The Wal Mart?

Yes, First, recruit some illegals from The Wal-Mart and get them to carry your stuff. I suspect bugging out is tough business so get some illegals, most of them don't complain much and if they do let them know in a loud voice that you don't speak meskin.

Good question.
    A Watchman and preponadime like this.

I have never found anything there I'd say is high quality; and I know they sell apple.com products there and there is no difference but I haven't bought electronics at a walmart before. For a bug out bag you can get food and cheap chinese made goods - that's about it. Walmart is advertising they will start getting some things made in America but I have no idea what they imply on that.

As for the impact on small stores its real, but so is the reality they have saved millions of American's billions of dollars - money that has been used on other businesses, used to start businesses and create jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Yes, I agree that WalMart and other big box stores have killed small family run stores which is a shame. But by the same token that allowed those small family run stores to prosper for many years capitalism and the free market we all so love has allowed people like Sam (WalMart's founder) to build a free market store so efficient the competition couldn't keep up.

While I rarely shop at WalMart and avoid the non-USA made items WalMart sells they did grow that large using principals most of us support, compition in the free market. Wal-Mart just did it so well and thought so big they ran many smaller businesses into the poor house.

However, newer free market shopping stores (like Amazon) using the internet may make Wal-Mart a "has been". The free economy allows for new and "better" retail methods to prevail.

Don't we all cry for a more free America and capitalism? sometimes progress sucks...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Ok damn it! I am willing to forgo the steaks and maybe the entertainment but I will be damned if I m giving up my beer and hookers!
    Pay attention Prepared One ..... did I mention anything about giving up the finer things in life? Of course not, you may continue your indulgence in hookers, bourbon, and blow. After all .... I did say life was about choices.
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Pay attention Prepared One ..... did I mention anything about giving up the finer things in life? Of course not, you may continue your indulgence in hookers, bourbon, and blow. After all .... I did say life was about choices.

Well......alright then. Glad we cleared that up.
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

WOULD YOU TWO PLEASE SHUT UP, I DON'T SPEAK MESKIN'!!!

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Well......alright then. Glad we cleared that up.
    A Watchman and Prepared One like this.

Yes. In my Walmart, they have lots of survival supplies and camping gear. You can get a firearm, a good pack, several days worth of food, shelter, fire kit, sleeping bag, knives, hatchets, axes, and even hunting clothes and winter camo if you are feeling creative. White cotton sheets cut into strips, and sewn onto a self made poncho works wonders here in MN. So Yes. You can make a bug out bag in Walmart.
    Slippy likes this.
    Never follow a man over a cliff.
    Every hat should serve a purpose.
    Keep your knife sharp, but your wits sharper.

Acts 2:38,

"The legs feed the wolf" - Herb Brooks, 1980

Fire food shelter and protection, first aid. Yes.. You can get that at Wally World.
    But, if you make a list, make it work for you.. I have 2 girls, a wife. Bug out bags will be different for all.

72 hours.... I could make a 72 hour bag at the local sheetz gas station... I mean if walmart is still open how bad can it be
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    72 hours.... I could make a 72 hour bag at the local sheetz gas station... I mean if walmart is still open how bad can it be
    Agreed. I could go to jail naked and blindfolded for 72 hours. Just sayin'...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links