Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?

This is a discussion on Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Interesting concept. You probably wont be able to find a pistol at Walmart but you might luck into a small even take down rifle....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Could You Build An Effective 72 Hour Bug Out Bag Using Only Walmart?

Interesting concept. You probably wont be able to find a pistol at Walmart but you might luck into a small even take down rifle.
    Cricket likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Real Old Man View Post
    Some folks can only afford what comes out of walmart of dollar general. If you've got the money to by top of the line then so be it. not everyone has
    A fully stocked BOB or GHB with quality items that can actually be used multiple times in a life or death situation does not cost an arm or a leg. Choices .... sacrifice the beer, entertainment, steaks etc., for a couple months and you just might have real gear that will last. Note that I am not speaking of the bag itself.

However, my slight towards Walmart was intended as an acknowledgement of their role in the Destruction of America and small businesses everywhere.
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post

Interesting concept. You probably wont be able to find a pistol at Walmart but you might luck into a small even take down rifle.
    I enjoy watching his videos. He has a car survival kit video I like too.
    NotTooProudToHide likes this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It's a yes or no question. Cheap consumables,food,lighters,first aid ect,than yes. Shelter,sleep system and other durable items,no. Situations like where I'm at and where I'm going. Am I in woods heading to the mountains or in a city going to a swamp. Depends on your situation.
    A Watchman likes this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

West Side of the Lower Pennisula of Michigan
    Absolutely I could raid Wal-Mart or other similar big box stores for BOB supplies. Would everything be top notch? Maybe, maybe not after all let's all remember the K-Mart promise. "If it hasn't came apart in 30 days or less bring it back and we'll give you something that will." My concern is that if it got to that point that would be where a lot of others would first start raiding too. Ever watch the movie "World War Z?" There's a looting the grocery store scene which I could see pan out very easily. Possible to stock up now? Most certainly. Avoid the place like the plague come SHTF? Even more certainly.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

We have three different walmarts here. One is a super store, one grocery, and one almost non grocery all else. The superstore yes. The other two to a lessor degree yes.

Student backpack, water bottle, energy bars, good knife, flash light, few batteries, small first aid kit, few meds, fishing kit / line not pole, couple of flares, some deodorant, soap, razors, and good supply of hand sanitizer, plastic bags, and tp....

Quote Originally Posted by PrepperForums View Post

Assuming you would ever consider bugging out, would it be possible to build a 72 hour bug out bag using only Walmart as a source for the supplies?

If you were on an extremely limited budget, what would you start with?
    Last edited by stowlin; 11-22-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    I would like the name of the person who came with this dumbass question. Walmart really? I wouldn't buy this weeks grocery's at Walmart, much less items that are integral to my stance against the inevitable domination of this once great Nation.
    Walmart is our number 1.

We get a lot of cheap sh$t there.

I personally don't give a rat's ass hair about those little 5 year old Chinese kids making the crap I'm buying.

I'll bet those little kids are going to be real pissed off when they find out they don't have fpcking job!!!

Make America Great Again!!!
    Slippy likes this.

However, my slight towards Walmart was intended as an acknowledgement of their role in the Destruction of America and small businesses everywhere.
    Yes, I agree that WalMart and other big box stores have killed small family run stores which is a shame. But by the same token that allowed those small family run stores to prosper for many years capitalism and the free market we all so love has allowed people like Sam (WalMart's founder) to build a free market store so efficient the competition couldn't keep up.

While I rarely shop at WalMart and avoid the non-USA made items WalMart sells they did grow that large using principals most of us support, compition in the free market. Wal-Mart just did it so well and thought so big they ran many smaller businesses into the poor house.

However, newer free market shopping stores (like Amazon) using the internet may make Wal-Mart a "has been". The free economy allows for new and "better" retail methods to prevail.

Don't we all cry for a more free America and capitalism? sometimes progress sucks...
    Last edited by John Galt; 11-22-2016 at 09:40 PM.
    Slippy likes this.
    Talk is cheap, actions count.

Quote Originally Posted by Maol9 View Post
    We get a lot of cheap sh$t there.
    Yes you do.
    hag and Maol9 like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

A fully stocked BOB or GHB with quality items that can actually be used multiple times in a life or death situation does not cost an arm or a leg. Choices .... sacrifice the beer, entertainment, steaks etc., for a couple months and you just might have real gear that will last. Note that I am not speaking of the bag itself.

Ok damn it! I am willing to forgo the steaks and maybe the entertainment but I will be damned if I m giving up my beer and hookers!
    hag, Oddcaliber, Cricket and 4 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links