Please advise for SHTF scenario - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Please advise for SHTF scenario

This is a discussion on Please advise for SHTF scenario within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack So then. YES.... it is worth three dollars . How about those panic buyers of gold at almost $1700 ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Please advise for SHTF scenario

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    So then. YES.... it is worth three dollars.
    How about those panic buyers of gold at almost $1700 an ounce a few years ago? How much is it worth today?
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 02-17-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    AnotherSOFSurvivor likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, AMVETS, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Respectfully, I think a lot of us are missing the point of the question. Seeds, guns, bullets, other preps gets Bob through the crisis. Then normalcy is restored, power is back on, food deliveries are running, people are driving to work, etc. The old government and currency is gone and replaced with something new.

What is the best time capsule of wealth to survive the crisis so that it can be "dug up" (not literally) on the other side? PM rounds? PM coins? ... something else? Is bob going to sell venison to his neighbor when they can go to the grocery store and buy packaged food again? Is he going to be fighting gangs of zombies when the cops are a call away?

Precious metals ... brass, copper, lead. Always.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zachthemac View Post
    Respectfully, I think a lot of us are missing the point of the question. Seeds, guns, bullets, other preps gets Bob through the crisis. Then normalcy is restored, power is back on, food deliveries are running, people are driving to work, etc. The old government and currency is gone and replaced with something new.

What is the best time capsule of wealth to survive the crisis so that it can be "dug up" (not literally) on the other side? PM rounds? PM coins? ... something else? Is bob going to sell venison to his neighbor when they can go to the grocery store and buy packaged food again? Is he going to be fighting gangs of zombies when the cops are a call away?
    I believe in that scenario wealth will be irrelevant.... Bob survived on seeds, but after 18 months of the same garden veggies, the neighbor 8 miles away may have a different crop, and a crop of something new may be worth more than gold to him. you could have the cure for cancer and people will still pay you in chickens, eggs, pigs, meat, etc... if you are really asking what a new society will use for currency after the dust settles, who knows?? what is the new currency backed by? are the same people running it that caused the old system to collapse? do you trust them with a new spontaneous currency?

Have a machine shop and be able to produce something tangible (which government doesn't do) and you will be fine.. people will pay you for things in whatever the coin of the new realm is and you can use it to by crap at the new grocery store... in a total collapse anyone who survives with a strong back and work ethic will be able to get by.... weeds need to be pulled.. if you are a College professor of Gender studies..... you may end up working a shift at a house of ill repute to get by. either way, the new grocery store and police force will need people to work.. as will the supplier to the grocery store, and the phone company for Bob to call the cops..

If you want the secret sauce/magic bullet to be filthy rich on the flip side, your guess is as good as ours.. diversify your stores of everything (seeds, PM, lead, guns, skills, books tools etc)...... and most difficult of all..... survive it all first...
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Some form of government has been reestablished... bullion. Silver was the coin of trade when Jesus was betrayed by Peter and is still in use today.

But considering what bullion cost compared to seeds and bullets I'd keep a little of each.
    Talk is cheap, actions count.

One thing people in todays society fail in is community.. They dont know their neighbors like years ago. We are so wired inside socially that we arent socializing with our neighbors.
    If SHTF, how do you really know your neighbors? Do you go out and drink a beer with them, hunt, fish, camp?
    Remember when neighbor could call your momma and tell your parents wth you were doing.. different times for sure.

Bob is a prepper who has done his preps. The government and economy collapses and he makes it through, glad that he did his preps. A new government and economy is established.

At this point, which does Bob wish he'd invested in to store his wealth?

1. Precious metal coins
    2. Precious metal bars / rounds
    3. Something else

Thanks
    TP , baby wipes , aspirin because your azz is going the need them .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    One thing people in todays society fail in is community.. They dont know their neighbors like years ago. We are so wired inside socially that we arent socializing with our neighbors.
    If SHTF, how do you really know your neighbors? Do you go out and drink a beer with them, hunt, fish, camp?
    Remember when neighbor could call your momma and tell your parents wth you were doing.. different times for sure.

I got 137,649 friends on FB. I think I'm set.
    zachthemac likes this.
    I don't shoot to kill. I shoot to live.

Feel free to visit my Hidden Content Page.

Land, silver, food, gold.... can all be taken from you... investing in knowledge of how to live sustainable is important

of course the reason bob made it through was because he was smart and had food and water...

nobody every said "MY KINGDOM FOR A PIECE OF SILVER"

>>>and I am a silver fan who thinks everybody should have some<<<<
    Be a Berean

Seeds, brass, lead, gun powder, snagging equipment, knowledge.
    When the superior group rebuilds you can bet on weapons bans.
    Skills of Hunting with bows and arrows as well as other things will be at a premium and perhaps has a bounty on anyone possessing these skills.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links