Please advise for SHTF scenario - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Please advise for SHTF scenario

This is a discussion on Please advise for SHTF scenario within the Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Steve40th Invest in being self sufficient, with plenty of weapons and weapons training.. There will be some evil people looking at taking ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Please advise for SHTF scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Invest in being self sufficient, with plenty of weapons and weapons training.. There will be some evil people looking at taking anything, and generally it will be groups/gangs..
    And your firearm and training against a sizeable group / gang is going to last you how long? I mean realistically how long can one gun, maybe two in a family, going to hold out against a gang of criminals that care nothing about your lives? Don't get me wrong I can see the need for firearms, but such groups you have to evade and avoid. Engagement will not bode well even for the greatest of Rambo's.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    And your firearm and training against a sizeable group / gang is going to last you how long? I mean realistically how long can one gun, maybe two in a family, going to hold out against a gang of criminals that care nothing about your lives? Don't get me wrong I can see the need for firearms, but such groups you have to evade and avoid. Engagement will not bode well even for the greatest of Rambo's.
    I believe his main point was "invest in being self-sufficient" first, weapons-training is important to some, at least to keep one small firearm for emergencies.
    Steve40th likes this.

Invest in yourself. Skills, knowledge, sustaining assets, and the means to protect those assets, will serve you best in a crises.
    Steve40th likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Weapons proficiency also entails food on the table...
    But in reality, most people wont survive a gunfight past the first magazine.
    stowlin likes this.

Firepower, adequate shelter capable of protecting you from the elements and rifle fire, food/water and meds, a place and the ability to grow food, and tools to fix and build things.

I'm sure silver and gold are good but I just don't understand them. I always wondered why would someone buy silver and gold from you during SHTF. If I provide services, I would accept silver or gold as payment. I guess that's it right, I need silver to pay for services I may need.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6811 View Post
    Firepower, adequate shelter capable of protecting you from the elements and rifle fire, food/water and meds, a place and the ability to grow food, and tools to fix and build things.

I'm sure silver and gold are good but I just don't understand them. I always wondered why would someone buy silver and gold from you during SHTF. If I provide services, I would accept silver or gold as payment. I guess that's it right, I need silver to pay for services I may need.

not only gold & silver but other certifiable precious items - if someone offers up a big honking diamond ring and the deal is uber fantastic - go for it .... economics has been the same since the beginnings of civilization - not changing now ....
    stowlin likes this.
    I llini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    No, it is only worth $3 to the person who paid that amount...........
    So then. YES.... it is worth three dollars.
    I don't shoot to kill. I shoot to live.

Feel free to visit my Hidden Content Page.

seeds.........
    stowlin likes this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Several things come into play with your statement. Traditionally people have survived by banding together into communities near a water source. Now update this to modern tactics, now that you have people, neighbors etc. that equal manpower, you need to send out patrols/scouts. They need to identify threats at a distance miles away. This will give time to plan harassing sniper fire until they leave the area or plan an attack to eliminate the threat all together. If the threat is to large then you have time to make a tactical withdraw.

You cannot supply everyone a firearm but in rural areas most people have firearms anyways. What you can do is teach tactics. With tactics and a unified people survival just became a better %.
    stowlin likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Something I forgot to add was that you cannot know everything. Something that was taught to me at BNCOC before I became a staff sergeant was that you have to know the basics but you need to be able to research to find the answers for what ever you need. That is the importance of having a library, both electronic and hard copy. When I started to build my electronic library for sale in the trading post it was because of boredom after I was released from the military because of disability. After realizing the need for a prepper library both military and civilian subjects I then started to expand it. Now it is so large you will never be able to read it all in a lifetime, LOL. What I do know is where the subjects are. That way when I have to deal with something I can research it. Some stuff mainly medical I do print off to keep in my hard copy Library. I have two book cases full of books, probably half is medical related the rest is tactical or survival related.
    Targetshooter likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links