Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Still Looking for Land...

This is a discussion on Still Looking for Land... within the Classifieds, Barter, Trade, Buy, Sell forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; My husband and I are putting our house and land up for sale the 1st of Feb and we are still in search for the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Still Looking for Land...

My husband and I are putting our house and land up for sale the 1st of Feb and we are still in search for the perfect piece of property. We are looking to move to Texas preferably although we are not limiting ourselves to that area. I have searched high and low and other than taking an expensive trip to Texas to merely drive around looking for 'FOR SALE' signs, we have run out of ideas on where to look as far as websites or even newspapers. If any PrepperForums member has an idea, we would greatly appreciate the info.
    Are there any sites or real estate agencies known to deal with land that would be ideal specifically for preppers and BOL?

What we are looking for:
    3-15 acres .... no structures need be there but if any then thats fine...we actually plan on building a cabin
    trees....the more the merrier...NO DESERT LAND
    hunting/fishing.....we are looking to be able to hunt and fish and trap our own food for the most part so this is rather important
    remote/semi remote..... we want to be positioned as far away from a major city as possible.....tiny towns and "one intersection" towns are OK
    And of course PRICE is a factor....we will be working with the funds from selling our current home to purchase the new property so we are looking at 20-25 grand. Financing more expensive properties is cool but the top financing price we could be looking at would be around 50grand.

If anyone knows of a property in your area that fits the bill....or you know of a great place to search for this type of real estate, we would be glad to hear about it. Respond in the thread or feel free to inbox me. THANKS!

Try sites like SurvivalRealty.com Google survival realty and you will find other sites that cater to people like us. Texas is a great state but for what you're wanting I think your cap will only be a down payment for the type of property you want. You may want to look east like Oklahoma,Tennessee, or N.Carolina. Good Luck.

I'm a city feller but if ever I bought a place somewhere "out there" my first priority would be that it MUST be near a biggish river or large lake because WATER IS LIFE!
    Call me suspicious, but springs might dry up,or an earthquake might crack them, or bad guys might poison them etc, and little icky streams might dry up too.
    My place would also have to be in a lowland area because I wouldn't fancy freezing up in the mountains.
    Something like this looks okay, I dunno where it is, it's just a stock pic off the net-

PS- To save yourself time, there's no need to travel out to a property that looks okay in the glossy brochures, USE GOOGLE EARTH AERIAL VIEW first so you can see if there's a six-lane highway, railroad or airport just out of shot. (And also use the 'Street View' option if it's available for the area)
    For example I was thinking of moving to a new place last year, it looked good in the picture but when I looked at it on Google Earth I saw there was a big noisy scrapyard across the road!

Quote Originally Posted by jackreacher View Post
    Try sites like SurvivalRealty.com Google survival realty and you will find other sites that cater to people like us. Texas is a great state but for what you're wanting I think your cap will only be a down payment for the type of property you want. You may want to look east like Oklahoma,Tennessee, or N.Carolina. Good Luck.

We currently live in NC and although the mountains here would be nice...we really want to get out of NC. And we are finding that, like you said, what we are looking to spend only just begins to pay for land in Texas LOL But we gonna keep on looking....maybe something will show up soon. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    I'm a city feller but if ever I bought a place somewhere "out there" my first priority would be that it MUST be near a biggish river or large lake because WATER IS LIFE!
    Call me suspicious, but springs might dry up,or an earthquake might crack them, or bad guys might poison them etc, and little icky streams might dry up too.
    My place would also have to be in a lowland area because I wouldn't fancy freezing up in the mountains.
    Something like this looks okay, I dunno where it is, it's just a stock pic off the net-

PS- To save yourself time, there's no need to travel out to a property that looks okay in the glossy brochures, USE GOOGLE EARTH AERIAL VIEW first so you can see if there's a six-lane highway, railroad or airport just out of shot. (And also use the 'Street View' option if it's available for the area)
    For example I was thinking of moving to a new place last year, it looked good in the picture but when I looked at it on Google Earth I saw there was a big noisy scrapyard across the road!

That place in the pic would be an AWESOME place to hunker down for the next 30 plus years lol And properties such as this run way up in price just for the water factor....so we cant drink 'bottled glacier water' on swamp water budget LMAO!!!
    I have used Google Earth ALOT since we have been searching for land and it has come in quite handy....just wish it would zoom in to see who has 'FOR SALE' signs posted up on their property LOL Thanks

Several places I would look at is east texas, south eastern oklahoma and northern arkansas. 3 great places.

I would like to buy some land but seems to rich for my blood

doc
    G&P
    Texas Ranch Land Ranches for sale in Texas. Texas Ranch Land sells ranch and ranch land in Texas for Recreation

Just wanted to preface I'm not affiliated with this group. My wife and I are considering something like this. We are not in a position to sell our primary residence yet, so we are looking for something we can owner finace on the cheap. The interest rates are high, but it may be an option for some.

3667 State Highway 49, Rosholt, WI 54473 - Zillow

Link has pics and airel view of area.

Not a lot of land but a good place to be.
    Walking didtance to public hunting. Good bike ride to town. 30 minute drive to larger town. 40 minutes to Wausau Wisconsin.
    http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/KASHUBIAN

Have a safe day and be ready in all ways.

Bull

I noticed in my area the real estate guys sell 40 acres for $5 to $6k on ebay, and but they routinely offer the same parcels for $15k to $20k financed
    and some times with no interest (do the math). I'd rather pay interest but they won't finance a $6k purchase - go to your bank - you'd be better off
    with a personal loan at 12.9% on a 6k purchase then a 15k loan at no interest.

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    G&P
    Texas Ranch Land Ranches for sale in Texas. Texas Ranch Land sells ranch and ranch land in Texas for Recreation

Just wanted to preface I'm not affiliated with this group. My wife and I are considering something like this. We are not in a position to sell our primary residence yet, so we are looking for something we can owner finace on the cheap. The interest rates are high, but it may be an option for some.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads