Finally some resistance in CA - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Finally some resistance in CA

This is a discussion on Finally some resistance in CA within the California forums, part of the Regions category; Originally Posted by Sasquatch Like I said, Liberals are swayed by emotion. So using kids to sway conservative doesn't really work. We like hearing facts ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Finally some resistance in CA

  1. #11
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Like I said, Liberals are swayed by emotion. So using kids to sway conservative doesn't really work. We like hearing facts and outcome. But what this group is doing is trying to appeal to Liberal. Since facts alone don't work on them the tactic is facts wrapped in emotions.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    facts alone dont work on anybody. feelings are way more important. This is how almost every important in our lifes are decided, first there is a desier, a want, a fear, or some other emotion. then there is facts that support that feeling, rationalising it. but we act on feelings, not facts.

  2. #12
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hiding in plain sight
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedishsocialist View Post
    facts alone dont work on anybody. feelings are way more important. This is how almost every important in our lifes are decided, first there is a desier, a want, a fear, or some other emotion. then there is facts that support that feeling, rationalising it. but we act on feelings, not facts.
    I must respectfully disagree. There have been many times in my life (almost daily) when I make decisions on facts rather than emotion. You are correct in the fact that my emotions come first, but in the end the facts are what make my decision.
    homefire, Kauboy and Prepared One like this.
    I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Hidden Content

  3. #13
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedishsocialist View Post
    facts alone dont work on anybody. feelings are way more important. This is how almost every important in our lifes are decided, first there is a desier, a want, a fear, or some other emotion. then there is facts that support that feeling, rationalising it. but we act on feelings, not facts.
    I hold a seat on a planning commission and we review new residential and commercial developments as well as zoning and annexations, the meetings are very emotionally charged but we have to approve or disapprove based solely on fact.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedishsocialist View Post
    I do not have much of a opinion on the subject, because im not a californian or an american.

    But getting a child to make the case is really not something that sits well with me. Might be cutural, but if a organization puts forth children to take the debate, well... are there no adults that can speak up? :/
    I would think using a child as a spokesperson repersents the future, as to say "what you do now (or don't do) is what we (the children) will have to live with in their future", when done correctly, strengthen the message.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    Hidden Content Y b NorMal?

  6. #15
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    I would think using a child as a spokesperson repersents the future, as to say "what you do now (or don't do) is what we (the children) will have to live with in their future", when done correctly, strengthen the message.
    yes, I do agree that might have been the thougt behind it. My opinion is that it did not really work. oh well, this is a minor issue

  7. #16
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hiding in plain sight
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    I would think using a child as a spokesperson repersents the future, as to say "what you do now (or don't do) is what we (the children) will have to live with in their future", when done correctly, strengthen the message.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Part of their message/slogan is "limit immigration so there is something left for our children".

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    rstanek likes this.
    I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Hidden Content

  8. #17
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    5,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedishsocialist View Post
    facts alone dont work on anybody. feelings are way more important. This is how almost every important in our lifes are decided, first there is a desier, a want, a fear, or some other emotion. then there is facts that support that feeling, rationalising it. but we act on feelings, not facts.
    Rational people do not *act* on feelings.
    Acting on feelings is what leads to most criminal activity.
    Emotion is often the first thing that spurs a thought, but it MUST evolve past emotion, and become a rational thought based on fact before a reasonable decision can be made.
    Fear, anger, lust, worry, joy... these things can impair our judgement, and lead us to do things that violate the rights of others. Maybe on purpose, and maybe not.
    Emotion should not rule your decision making.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    Semper paratus!

  9. #18
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Rational people do not *act* on feelings.
    Acting on feelings is what leads to most criminal activity.
    Emotion is often the first thing that spurs a thought, but it MUST evolve past emotion, and become a rational thought based on fact before a reasonable decision can be made.
    Fear, anger, lust, worry, joy... these things can impair our judgement, and lead us to do things that violate the rights of others. Maybe on purpose, and maybe not.
    Emotion should not rule your decision making.
    did you say that when you asked your wife to marry you?

    and in my opinion, all major decisison are sprung from an emotion. you disagree, that is ok, we might both be wrong, or both right,
    Michael_Js likes this.

  10. #19
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northeast Texas
    Posts
    7,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedishsocialist View Post
    did you say that when you asked your wife to marry you?

    and in my opinion, all major decisison are sprung from an emotion. you disagree, that is ok, we might both be wrong, or both right,
    Hey Swede .... another Swedish visitor dropped by here a few days ago, said he had never heard of you before ...

    As to major decisions, mine are never made with emotion only, inclusive of marriage decisions. I have left some very attractive opportunities behind, because they did not pass the pro/con test.
    Slippy and Kauboy like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

  11. #20
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Hey Swede .... another Swedish visitor dropped by here a few days ago, said he had never heard of you before ...

    As to major decisions, mine are never made with emotion only, inclusive of marriage decisions. I have left some very attractive opportunities behind, because they did not pass the pro/con test.
    of course he has, all swedes now who I am, rigth? (what are you talking about?)

    no seldom only emotion, but emotion comes first. without emotion there is no reaction.
    A Watchman likes this.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Emp resistance
    By Imthebear in forum Strictly Bug Out Vehicles
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-24-2017, 06:24 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 03:31 AM
  3. Book Review - Pockets of Resistance: Martial Law In America
    By Maine-Marine in forum General Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2015, 10:23 PM
  4. Finally did it :-)
    By wesley762 in forum General Prepper and Survival Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-28-2015, 04:49 PM
  5. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 12:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Back to Top