Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Survival Magazines, Prepper Magazines, Homesteading Magazine

This is a discussion on Survival Magazines, Prepper Magazines, Homesteading Magazine within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; I picked up a very good magazine today. The name of it is "The Backwoodsman". No I don't work for them, just wanted to tell ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Survival Magazines, Prepper Magazines, Homesteading Magazine

Survival Magazines, Prepper Magazines, Homesteading Magazine

I picked up a very good magazine today. The name of it is "The Backwoodsman". No I don't work for them, just wanted to tell everyone about it. Their website is www.backwoodsmanmag.com. The price of the magazine was only $4.95 and covers items like muzzleloading, woodslore, survival, homesteading, history and Indian lore. This months magazine has topics like "A collections of homemade water water filtering systems", "Gear for the open road", "Modern tinder box", "More ways to cook with pots and pans", "Growing American Ginseng" to name a few. This magazine is the survivalists/preppers dream magazine!

Are there other magazines out there that people currently get similar to topics above or to survivalism and prepping?
    C5GUY and bigdogbuc like this.

Re: Survival Magazines, Prepper Magazines, Homesteading Maga

Guns and ammo is the only thing around here. Mainly filled with advertisements. But otherwise a good magazine. I'll check this out.
    "Wanting to work is so rare a merit that it should be encouraged."
    Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator

Re: Survival Magazines, Prepper Magazines, Homesteading Maga

Yeah that's why I don't get magazines anymore, they are 75% ads, and 24% biases, 1% useful information.
    C5GUY and MrsInor like this.
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

The New Pioneer magazine is a new magazine that started last year. It is a quarterly mag and always full of great articles. As of right now, there are no subscriptions, you have to pick it up at a local store. I have found it at Home Depot and Tractor Supply.
    C5GUY likes this.

a good magazine that i use to get a lot of my stuff for cheap is budk and they have a website budk.com
    oldmurph58 likes this.

I'm part of the NRA and I get Guns and Ammo and American Hunter. Though I don't own a gun both have taught me small tidbits of information about firearms and hunting, skills that I more than likely would be able to apply in a SHTF scenario.

I have been getting Backwoods mag. off & on for years now. They are abit political, but otherwise very good. I have had a subscription to Countryside & small stock journal for years now. I can highlt recommend it to anyone interested in a simply lifestyle. I also get American rifleman from the NRA.

I recently discovered a pretty new magazine called OFFGRID Magazine. They have only 2 issues out and a web site under development. It is a quarterly newsstand only magazine. From what I've seen it covers first aid basics, gear reviews, real survival stories, and general tips and techniques for urban survival. It's kind of a new look at emergency scenarios and how to prepare for them.

Supporting Vendor
    Well since everyone else is plugging here, I might as well too.

Who needs magazines when there are so many good books out there. More info, less ads; bang for buck = superior

Survival Books
    MrsInor likes this.
    This mindful minute was brought to you by Black River Outpost

I like Backwoodsman. I have found several of their articles both enlightening and enjoyable to read. Off Grid is pretty much a Cabella's type catalog with much of the rag dedicated to hocking way over-priced equipment. Mother Earth News has some great articles for those of us who are just getting into self-sufficient food growing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads