Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alaska The Last Frontier

This is a discussion on Alaska The Last Frontier within the Books, Videos, Media, Podcasts forums, part of the General Discussion category; A lot more useful info on “Alaska: TLF” than “Doomsday Preppers” that’s for sure. For that matter, I get better info from “Moonshiners” than “Doomsday”...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Alaska The Last Frontier

A lot more useful info on “Alaska: TLF” than “Doomsday Preppers” that’s for sure.

For that matter, I get better info from “Moonshiners” than “Doomsday”
    survival likes this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo_2 View Post
    A lot more useful info on “Alaska: TLF” than “Doomsday Preppers” that’s for sure.

For that matter, I get better info from “Honey BooBoo” than “Doomsday”
    Fixed.
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace". -George Washington
    "I most be getting to rightwing for the rightwingers, or too radical for the radicals
    ." -Fuzzee
    "one reason we prep is to be available when necessary to rebuild society here in America. Perhaps a less effluent society at first, but a civilized society." -rob

I like Otto who is the one that does all the cattle. Just seems he can fix or fabricate anything.

Appearently, the show came because of Jewel though she's never been on it. Appears there was going to be a music video at a remote location & there would only be porta pottis there. Jewel said no problem as she grew up with no indoor plumbing & an outhouse & the homestead was still that way. Anyhow, the producer kept asking questions & a few months later sent a film crew up to the homestead.

Quote Originally Posted by survival View Post
    Fixed.
    Not sure what that is or what you're trying to suggest.

It is a good show, but they have money and don't have to worry about anything...

I've seen Yukon Men and Wilderness Men. I've yet to check out Alaska: TLF...is it better?

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo_2 View Post
    Not sure what that is or what you're trying to suggest.
    Survival, he missed it

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    Survival, he missed it
    lol, yeah. Diablo_2, I was saying that we get more info from a show like Honey Boo Boo, rather than Doomsday.
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace". -George Washington
    "I most be getting to rightwing for the rightwingers, or too radical for the radicals
    ." -Fuzzee
    "one reason we prep is to be available when necessary to rebuild society here in America. Perhaps a less effluent society at first, but a civilized society." -rob

Quote Originally Posted by Puppage View Post
    Is that right? I didn't know that. I love watching that show.

Really? We love that show! I wanna go live next door to them...lol

Been reading this forum for a while now but I had to register to reply to this thread. Alaska TLF is no different than other "reality" tv shows. It is staged and scripted for drama. I live very near their "homestead" which is only 10 miles on a paved road from a town that has a Safeway among other stores and services.

I'm not saying that they aren't trying to live a semi-subsistence lifestyle, and will be much better off than most if they have to be self reliant.

But... Here is an example of a made for tv moment. Atz-Lee and Jane take what is at least a 10 mile snowmachine ride to go ice fishing because they are running low on meat. The gas and oil the spent to do that would have got them to town and bought enough meat for a couple of meals.

Watch it with the knowledge that it is just entertainment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads