Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How long does stored propane last?

This is a discussion on How long does stored propane last? within the Alternative Energy (Wind, Solar, Hydro etc) forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; I'm calling the supplier on this question, but I would assume it lasts longer than regular gas? I'm going to try to get the biggest ...

How long does stored propane last?

I'm calling the supplier on this question, but I would assume it lasts longer than regular gas? I'm going to try to get the biggest tank they have (If they will let me).

Super Moderator

Re: How long does stored propane last?

Long time my friend, farmers out here in the middle of nowhere, have like 1000 gallon tanks that they use over the course of a year, my guess is it'll last longer then that if need be!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

As far as storage propane if stored properly, out of the weather, rain etc, in a proper tank with no leakage then propane will store as long as there is no leakage. Since propane has no known degradation. As far as usage your use of it will dictate that point. It is a great fuel for storage as long as it is stored properly, not inside your home and not near any source of fire.
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

Good post! I've been considering getting a propane tank for awhile as well as a propane generator. I think I will take the plunge!
    "I don't know what weapons will be used in World War Three, but in World War Four they will use sticks and stones."
    Albert Einstein
    SURVIVAL FOODS

I have small camping propane tanks that are over a decade old and they still work fine. No worries there.

So maybe I should move them somewhere else a little safer. Right now I have stored in my secure spot but about 6' from breaker box and in the basement. I dont want to put them in the shed though for the fact that thieves are everywhere in my neighborhood. Any ideas?

I use a 1000 gallon buried propane tank that can heat my home for an entire season even if the grid is down for that entire time. It is much harder for someone to mess with a buried tank, but it does cost money for the excavation. I top it off twice a year so I am always ready.

Ads